The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 15, 2021, 03:43:49 PM
That being said, I have both films and think he made a decent job of the part. However, I believe Lee Childs has said he won't have Cruise in the lead role again.
I did see him interviewed and he said due to viewers complaining how unsuited Cruise was in the Reacher role, he was not going to use him again. He didn't say who he was considering for the role though. Probably the Rock, or Vin Diesel?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

guest311

Trainfish

I'm looking for a job, maybe I could do it?  :angel:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

not dressed like that  :smiley-laughing:

TrevL

I vote for you Alan, big lad, ex cop, surly demeaner.  Three out of three :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

guest311

me ?
surly ?
surely not !  :smiley-laughing:

guest311

and please, stop calling me Shirley  :'(

talisman56

Went down to local Tesco yesterday to do a few days' shopping. As I was exiting, lady in front stops in the middle of the exit door to the covered, enclosed porch area and proceeds to remove her mask.

Cue me, "Excuse me, can you move on please?" in a voice loud enough to attract the attention of one of the door greeters for the arriving punters. He then asks her to replace her mask until she has exited the building, upon which she starts to argue the toss about whether the porch area is part of the store (as they have all the flowers and gardening stuff there, I would say so).

Eventually he asks her to pull over to the side to unblock the doorway. Last thing I heard as I left was a tannoy announcement "Duty manager to the front of store please..."
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

guest311

well done.

the movement grows  :)

Trainfish

It's simple really isn't it. If you can get rained on you're outside. If you can't then you're inside. This doesn't allow for leaky roofs of course.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

stevewalker

Or roofs with 10' overhangs.

Although, I just find it simpler to put my mask on in the car, after I've parked up and take it off again when I get back in the car.

Trainfish

In my book an overhang counts as inside as you can't be rained on. You could almost relate this to smoking shelter regulations but I won't go there as it could confuse people. I think the being rained on method is simpler but I am similar to you in that I put my mask on whilst walking towards the shop  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Pjlons83

So I had this genius idea to make use of the space under my new layout for storage. Then I thought that rather than just shelves I'll add doors to make it into a cupboard. As with all my projects things escalate so I added a cabinet lock to keep the kids out as it's low level.........

Yep. You guessed it. I've lost the p :help: :censored: :veryangry: ing key before it's even finished.

I'm hoping they're just generic keys and I can buy another one from B&Q!  :-[
Gold Hill - my rule 1, "just for fun" micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

talisman56

Quote from: Pjlons83 on January 17, 2021, 08:54:30 PM

Yep. You guessed it. I've lost the p :help: :censored: :veryangry: ing key before it's even finished.

It'll be in the last place you look for it...  :hmmm:
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Malc

Quote from: Pjlons83 on January 17, 2021, 08:54:30 PM

Well, at least you know it's not in the cupboard.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations