what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy

I agree that vinyl is the best but the good thing about downloads is that if you don't like all the songs on an LP you can download just the ones that you like, which saves money and space on the shelves.

Best regards,

Joe

Newportnobby

The main advantage of downloads for me is that I can get my whole iTunes library (some 4000 songs) onto a memory stick which then plugs into the USB socket in the car.
Beats worrying if someone's gonna nick my iPod :D

Malc

Quote from: Oldun on November 18, 2014, 01:23:44 PM
Quote from: Malc on November 18, 2014, 10:09:31 AM
Before I junked my record deck, I transferred the vinyl I wanted to keep to CD.

Hi Malc, did it take long as I have just purchased a 'vinyl to CD' unit and have 536 LP's to do  :jawdropping:

Roger
If you estimate 20mins a side, it would take you nearly 15 days of continuous copying. It took me about 3 months as I worked away in Holland during the week. However, i didn't copy every LP as some were worn out. I bought the CD versions of ones I wanted that were too bad. Also, my tastes had changed a little bit over the years.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Oldun

For all those with vinyl, decks & amps, what deck and amp do you have.

I'm still using a Thorens TD 125 Mk 11 deck and a Harman/Karden 630 twin powered tuner amp
playing through a pair of Celestion Ditton speakers, awesome quality sound  :thumbsup:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Trainfish

Texas Flood by Stevie Ray Vaughan on Planet Rock

My deck is a xion USB turntable as I intended copying all my vinyl but haven't got around to it yet :o
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Chetcombe

Quote from: Oldun on November 18, 2014, 11:30:05 PM
For all those with vinyl, decks & amps, what deck and amp do you have.

I'm still using a Thorens TD 125 Mk 11 deck and a Harman/Karden 630 twin powered tuner amp
playing through a pair of Celestion Ditton speakers, awesome quality sound  :thumbsup:

Roger

Linn Sondek LP12, Naim amps, Linn Kan speakers. 25 years old and still going strong!
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Bealman

I used to have a really cool component system with an excellent turntable, but it got moved around due to personal circumstances, and I really can't remember what happened to it all... might have given it to me daughter, so who knows where it is now.

Anyway, it's irrelevant...  Mrs B won't let me listen to anything... so wot am I listening to these days?

Bio channel and the budgie.  :worried:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Sprintex

No fancy component system here, run-of-the-mill late 80s hifi unit with standard veneered chipboard speakers - still going strong! :thumbsup:

Paul

Oldun

Quote from: Oldun on November 18, 2014, 11:30:05 PM

The above (except the speakers) was bought by my father in about 1960/1 and is also still
going strong :thumbsup:

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Newportnobby

Pioneer stack system purchased in 1988 - turntable, tuner, twin tape deck and 6 CD interchanger. Still going strong :D
Also have a Philips CD recorder so I can transfer vinyl/cassettes onto CD.

mark37/4

Okay, well sometimes when i visit the fourm, i have a DVD on, & currently have Transformers Age of Extincton on after watching half last night,

Mark
THIS IS A BAD IDEA

BUT IM ALL ABOUT BAD IDEAS

joe cassidy

I've got a Project Debut record player. They come in a range of colours - let your wife. Cost about £200.

The entry-level Rega is similar, probably better.

As for the amp, I've an Onkyo mini-system.

Best regards,

Joe

Dorsetmike

Mary Lou Williams early 1950s recording of "Don't Blame me" jazz piano solo with bass.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Si599

The 42nd Ego by Arsonists Get All The Girls
O Death Where Is Thy Sting, I Rise, I Fly, I Live!

Trainfish

Cheap Trick on Planet Rock.

Just changed, Black Stone Cherry now  :)
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations