Am i the only person here interested in Heavy Aviation Metal?

Started by B757-236GT, April 24, 2013, 09:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Stay tuned, aviation fans.... Qantas 747 City of Canberra takes off from Sydney 7.40am on Sunday AEST, climbs to 4500' then lands at my regional airport to become a museum piece.

Hope they have parachute assisted brakes, 'cos my driveway is longer than that runway!

Just letting you all know.....

Actually, I can't wait!  :thumbsup:

It's a 20 min hop, by the way. Scheduled landing 9am!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Agrippa

I just caught up with austinbob's Farnboro pix which were very good.
The DC7 shot reminded me of a slide I have somewhere of an Eagle
Air plane, possibly a Britannia taken years ago.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on March 05, 2015, 08:56:35 AM
Stay tuned, aviation fans.... Qantas 747 City of Canberra takes off from Sydney 7.40am on Sunday AEST, .....................
It's a 20 min hop, by the way. Scheduled landing 9am!

Bealman, I know you often appear to be on a different planet to some of us but are you also in a different time zone to where it takes off from?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

steve836

If he is it makes it even longer flight time. Sydney is on the east coast  so any change in time would  mean putting a clock back! Methinks the schools in Darlington didn't teach maths very well.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Tom U

Shortest flight I have been on was Changi to Paya Lebar in Singapore.
As the crow flies, only about 15km - but an A300-600 couldn't fly it like a crow, we had to go way out to sea to catch an approach path back into Paya Lebar.

Trainfish

Quote from: steve836 on March 05, 2015, 03:48:00 PM
If he is it makes it even longer flight time. Sydney is on the east coast  so any change in time would  mean putting a clock back! Methinks the schools in Darlington didn't teach maths very well.

So it would get there 40 minutes before it took off? Or have I got that wrong?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

steve836

Quote from: Trainfish on March 05, 2015, 04:14:34 PM
Quote from: steve836 on March 05, 2015, 03:48:00 PM

So it would get there 40 minutes before it took off? Or have I got that wrong?

Yes if the time in Sydney is 7oclock and Perth (for example) is in a different time Zone the time would be 6 o clock or earlier. Remember Concorde- It was possible to have breakfast in London and still be in time for breakfast in New York.

Trainfish

Double breakfast sounds good to me, bring back Concorde!
John

<*))))><

Greybeema

Short flights?  How about the schedules Aer Arann Galway to the Arann Islands.  Average 15 mins terminal to terminal...

http://www.aerarannislands.ie/index.php/flight-times

:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

steve836

Quote from: Trainfish on March 05, 2015, 04:31:53 PM
Double breakfast sounds good to me, bring back Concorde!

We did that flying back from Goa. Were fed breakfast on flight fro Goa to Doha & again on flight from Doha to Heathrow.

Bealman

Yeah, ok, that's what I get for glancing up at the telly down the club then mouthing off on here.  ;)

There's two possibilities, I guess... it's taking off at 8.40, not 7.40, or it's going to fly around a bit before it heads my way.

One things for sure, seeing as I can drive to Sydney airport in about an hour, it's not very far!

Thanks for pointing out the error! Either way, it's a bit of excitement for our local area.  :thumbsup: :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

joe cassidy

Quote from: Greybeema on March 05, 2015, 06:45:26 PM
Short flights?  How about the schedules Aer Arann Galway to the Arann Islands.  Average 15 mins terminal to terminal...

http://www.aerarannislands.ie/index.php/flight-times

I think the Wright brothers' first flight still beats that in terms of brevity  :D

Best regards,

Joe

Cazadoom

Hello chaps!

i get to  fix / play heavy metal on a daily basis at work!

cheers Callum

[smg id=22457 type=preview align=center caption="G-VBIG"]

joe cassidy

Quote from: steve836 on March 02, 2015, 04:23:45 PM
Some pics from my latest flight & my first on the A380
[smg id=22271 type=preview align=center caption="520"][smg id=22272 type=preview align=center caption="522"][smg id=22273 type=preview align=center caption="524"][smg id=22274 type=preview align=center caption="525"][smg id=22275 type=preview align=center caption="526"][smg id=22276 type=preview align=center caption="527"][smg id=22277 type=preview align=center caption="529"][smg id=22278 type=preview align=center caption="530"][smg id=22279 type=preview align=center caption="531"][smg id=22280 type=preview align=center caption="532"]
Last Friday I flew from Paris to Hong Kong on a 380 with Air France. We arrived on time but we had to wait 30 minutes to park because all the double-decker parking places were occupied.

The other "problem" with the 380 is that if you travel in business you don't get to passport control before economy class because everyone disembarks at the same time !

Best regards,

Joe

javlinfaw7

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations