Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talisman56

Had this on order, and was suddenly notified it had come in... obviously Dapol have taken note of the comments regarding the lack of SYP when it was advertised as having one, so there was another label stuck over the original, this time omitting any reference to SYP.

A 'Rule 1' appearance on the occasional inter-regional service is the story behind that purchase - will be renumbered/renamed D1007 "Western Talisman"  :D in due course.

Also picked up a couple of wagons in the sale...

And the first one of these I had seen in stock for a while...

I'm going on holiday to the Isle of Man on Sunday, so hope at some point to visit the Union Mills establishment...  :)
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Bealman

Jivebunny and talisman: all uber cool! Especially that Gordon. Interesting he's got a new chassis.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Roy L S

Quote from: talisman56 on June 27, 2014, 11:35:54 PM
]

I'm going on holiday to the Isle of Man on Sunday, so hope at some point to visit the Union Mills establishment...  :)

I would love to have the opportunity to visit him one day, two of my fellow club members have, and they say his place is fascinating.

On the subject of Union Mills, in case anyone is interested, I exchanged e-mails with Colin Heard last week. The D16/3 will be ready in August.

Roy

cjdodd

I was watching the video of your loco on youtube last night Malc, nice work.

Malc

Quote from: cjdodd on June 28, 2014, 09:49:47 AM
I was watching the video of your loco on youtube last night Malc, nice work.
They certainly did a good job on it. Saving up now to get some more done.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

johnlambert

Some new wagons:

Dapol 20T Mineral for my GWR goods train; Graham Farish 16T mineral wagons (without and with top door); and Graham Farish SR brake van.  Particularly impressed by the NEM pockets and close coupling mechanism on the brake van.

GeeBee

I have just uploaded 2 photo's of my EWS Cl37 and wagons
[smg id=13577 type=preview align=center caption="Here are the EWS "]

Western Exile

And to continue the class 37 theme, here is my weathered large logo 37027 from TMC posing on the dining room table after being run in on a Kato Unitrak test track with some BachFar WBB Minerals PAAs which I converted and painted to look like the Tiger Rail PAAs used on the Goonbarrow to Markinch china clay flow in the 1980s. I know, that sentence is far too long...

(not Dr.) Al

Stevie DC

Quote from: Roy L S on June 28, 2014, 09:42:39 AM
Quote from: talisman56 on June 27, 2014, 11:35:54 PM
]

I would love to have the opportunity to visit him one day, two of my fellow club members have, and they say his place is fascinating.

On the subject of Union Mills, in case anyone is interested, I exchanged e-mails with Colin Heard last week. The D16/3 will be ready in August.

Roy

Great! That means that I have until then to turn my modified Dapol B1 into an complete Claud before the rtr one comes out...  ::)

CarriageShed

Quote from: Western Exile on June 30, 2014, 02:20:51 PM
And to continue the class 37 theme, here is my weathered large logo 37027 from TMC posing on the dining room table after being run in on a Kato Unitrak test track with some BachFar WBB Minerals PAAs which I converted and painted to look like the Tiger Rail PAAs used on the Goonbarrow to Markinch china clay flow in the 1980s. I know, that sentence is far too long...

I could loan you some commas, perhaps?  ;)

Western Exile

Quote from: Pete33 on July 01, 2014, 05:35:06 PM
Quote from: Western Exile on June 30, 2014, 02:20:51 PM

I could loan you some commas, perhaps?  ;)

Thanks, but, I've, found, some, myself.
(not Dr.) Al

scottishlocos

Guys

Can't beat a class 37 on the China clay

Regards

Dave

CarriageShed

Quote from: Western Exile on July 01, 2014, 05:40:13 PM
Thanks, but, I've, found, some, myself.

They're like buses. You wait ages for one and a whole load turn up at once.

jivebunny

This just in from N-Train and Electra Railway Graphics, the new Class 507/508 kit.

I'm very impressed with the quality of the bodyshells, frames and underframes, as well as the lovely crisp ERG vinyls and the TPM bogies. As this was my first 3D-printed purchase I was a bit apprehensive of what sort of quality to expect, but I now realise the (generally very close-up) photos you see of unpainted kits just don't do them justice. From a normal viewing distance they could easily be from one of the big manufacturers.

In fact I'm so pleasantly surprised by the quality of what is still a developing technology that I'm now going to invest in an airbrush, as I'm scared of making a sloppy job of slapping paint on it with a normal brush.

Will start a progress thread when I get around to starting it.

JB

Roy L S

Looks very comprehensive and beautifully packaged/presented.

Is it a complete kit with a mechanism?

Regards

Roy

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations