So Who's in Self Isolation?

Started by Mr Sprue, March 23, 2020, 05:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Quote from: Young Bulla on April 15, 2020, 01:42:31 PM
Only in the Isle of Man! (hopefully?)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-52286369?intlink_from_url=&link_location=live-reporting-story

The law is the law, whether we agree with it or not. There were seven arrested in Ireland over the Easter weekend for breaching our lock down rules.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Young Bulla on April 15, 2020, 01:42:31 PM
Only in the Isle of Man! (hopefully?)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-52286369?intlink_from_url=&link_location=live-reporting-story

If you mean hopefully people are only flouting the law in the IoM then I could agree. If you mean hopefully only in the IoM are they being jailed then I could agree. A stupendous fine that makes their eyes (and their parents eyes) water is far more justifiable. Bring back the stocks I say. I'd be happy to pelt them with suitable soft veg like turnips and/or beets from 2 metres away >:D

daffy

Fine them then force them to work, unpaid of course, in a mortuary or undertakers for a month.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Dorsetmike

My grandfather was a warder at the Scrubs, one of his duties was to administer the birch, he said nobody came back for seconds! (he was a well built fellow)
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Young Bulla

It's not the sentence given, just wondering why anyone in their right mind decides that calling round and taking your grandparents dog out for two or three hours is a good idea when you claim to have coronavirus  symptoms is a better use of their time than actually turning up to take a test!

Edit- the local jungle drums point to this not being this gentleman's first rodeo, why is that not a surprise

joe cassidy

I'd like to know how much you guys are drinking since being confined to barracks.

I'm drinking one and a half bottles of wine per day.

Is this enough/too much ?

Best regards,

Joe

TrevL

Quote from: joe cassidy on April 22, 2020, 01:30:15 PM
I'd like to know how much you guys are drinking since being confined to barracks.

Best regards,

Joe

Red or white?
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

joe cassidy

Both !

2 glasses of Kir (white wine + creme de cassis) for the aperitif then 2 glasses of red wine with lunch/dinner so total 8 glasses per day.

I'm hoping that Weave will outdo me  :)

daffy

Sounds fine to me. ;)

You'll know when it's a problem when you think about fitting an intravenous drip.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

port perran

Sounds about right to me.
I like a beer before our evening meal (bottled in the week but we have draught delivered on a Friday for the weekend From the microbrewery down the road).
Plus I collect and really enjoy single malts (Scottish and world wide) so generally have a Small nip of something expensive followed by a large cheaper one in the evening.  Sante.
I'm sure I'll get used to cream first soon.

Skyline2uk

Amazing what having a small child in the house does to booze consumption.

Had a 4 pack of (you guessed it) Corona in the fridge since Christmas. Had one on my Birthday (28/03) and the rest is still there.

One fringe benefit of all this is the real progress I am making in my workbench.

Now over 50% through decals on my ARC wagon rake, when I was only 2 decals done (out of 180) when this all kicked off....

Stay safe

Skyline2uk

guest311

must admit to 'upping' my intake a tad .... :-[

usually a 1 ltr bottle of Tesco's / Asda's pale cream fortified wine a day [ if it's fortified it must be medicinal, yes  >:D]

in accordance with the latest published [on this forum] advice I can start, in accordance with section 23 [not home educating children] at 10 am, which means a glass before taking HB out for his walk [pre-hydrating, it's hot out there] then when we get back another glass, well I'm thirsty having fed him up to 2 pints of water during his walk, then it sort of continues till bed time / the bottle is empty. :beers:

never could understand the symbols on the bottle  :smiley-laughing:

guest311

Best regards,

Joe

it is very important in this hot weather that you hydrate, ie take in fluids  :beers:

guest311

Quote from: TrevL on April 22, 2020, 01:34:19 PM

Best regards,

Joe

Red or white?

perhaps he swings both ways  :smiley-laughing:

themadhippy

QuoteI'd like to know how much you guys are drinking since being confined to barracks.
A dam sight less.Down to 8 pints a week at the moment,my poor liver is wondering what the hells going on.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations