!!

Not Yet Registered?

Welcome to the N Gauge Forum!  We've currently hidden most of the threads due to the vast number of guests contributing in slowing the speed of the forum down.  Please register and login to see the many thousands of posts about our great hobby.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Good N Gauge/N Scale World Wide Model Shop Map.  (Read 1572 times)

Offline Sprintex

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: CLOSED
    • Awards
Re: Good N Gauge/N Scale World Wide Model Shop Map.
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 11:17:42 AM »
Are you sure it was another forum??

Sounds strangely like THIS ONE we already have on here - Google Maps link and you PM Tank to get added to it  ::)

Paul

Offline scotsoft

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Scottish n' Newcastle
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 12:42:44 PM »
You are 100% correct that we do have an online/model shop section but as you pointed out it is underused and i doubt members would trawl through the posts of trying to find a shop to a location they are thinking of going to.

I have just looked at the not online thread and there are 27 entries, not even two full pages worth.
I have my doubts that having a map would change much if they can't be bothered to go through 27 entries.

If I were going to a particular place and wanted to find out if there were any model shops, I would first use Google, then secondly I would post a message here about any specific shops that appeared in a Google search, then find out if any of the membership had shopped there before.

It is a good idea but the way the majority of people seem to be shopping these days is online.

cheers John.

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 04:57:40 PM »
Although I supported the original suggestion and enjoy the 'real' shopping experience you make a valid point John.

I guess if folk were wanting to know if there was a shop and used the Forum they could do a search on, for instance, 'Shops Rochester', and see what results they get. That search BTW returns postings on The Signal Box.

As a boss of mine once said to me. 'An excellent solution, looking for a problem.'

Dave G

Offline OwL

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 15643
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 05:39:10 PM »
It would seem that the idea is not be!
Never mind, thanks to everyone who replied and shared their opinions.

Moderators: time to lock and close thread. Ta.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £80.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
133% 
September Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal