The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

Quote from: class37025 on June 18, 2014, 07:35:23 PM
got an e-mail from Hattons this afternoon, order processed  :thumbsup:

pack of 4 Dapol coupling springs price 60p  :thumbsup:

total charged to my card ----- £4.60  :veryangry:

got straight onto 'chat' and had a whinge, and they reduced it to £2.60 and refunded the other £2.  :thumbsup:

what I can't understand is how it got to £4 in the first place, when they quote £2 for less that 130 grams.

just waiting to see how big a box it arrives in, and how much bubblewrap and air bags I can add to the pile in the cupboard  :hmmm:

update - arrived today in a box .....

10" x 5 1/2" x 4 1/2"  :confused2:

mind you huge stock of air bags and bubble wrap added to the store  :smiley-laughing:

guest311

Quote from: class37025 on June 02, 2014, 09:36:17 PM
sent a paypal to a member on here, no names - no pack drill, on the 27th and then PMd him and asked him to confirm receipt of the payment.

nothing.

he was on line on th 28th, all it needed was a quick 'got it' but nothing  >:(

as of today, still nothing in the way of a PM, and nothing received yet.

am I just expecting too much in thinking that the courtesy of a reply was not too much ?

sale was by PM as listings were withdrawn, not through the N'porium.

update - arrived today, date on the Royal Mail postage paid label .........20/06/14  :veryangry:

Oldun

Quote from: class37025 on June 21, 2014, 09:24:36 PM

got straight onto 'chat' and had a whinge, and they reduced it to £2.60 and refunded the other £2.  :thumbsup:

what I can't understand is how it got to £4 in the first place, when they quote £2 for less that 130 grams.

just waiting to see how big a box it arrives in, and how much bubblewrap and air bags I can add to the pile in the cupboard  :hmmm:

mind you huge stock of air bags and bubble wrap added to the store  :smiley-laughing:

With a 'small' box that size its a wonder you found them :-X

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Newportnobby

What cretin has decided that when they introduce 'sportsmen' on TV they are looking at the ground, then look up and fold their arms?
I first noticed this in F1, then MotoGP and now the World Cup.

It just looks so horribly contrived and I bet someone got a fortune for thinking of the idea >:(

guest311

Quote from: Oldun on June 21, 2014, 10:36:17 PM
Quote from: class37025 on June 21, 2014, 09:24:36 PM

With a 'small' box that size its a wonder you found them :-X

Roger

no problem, they were wrapped in the bubble wrap  :no:

now finding them in their bag, that might be a different thing.

me, I'd have just stuck them in an envelope, after all they are in a Ziploc bag, possible cellotaped to the invoice.

but what would I know  :-\

Trainfish

Quote from: newportnobby on June 22, 2014, 10:21:42 AM
What cretin has decided that when they introduce 'sportsmen' on TV they are looking at the ground, then look up and fold their arms?

It just looks so horribly contrived and I bet someone got a fortune for thinking of the idea >:(

They've done this with the golf for a few years now and you're right, it looks a bit 'plastic' to me.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

Quote from: Trainfish on June 22, 2014, 10:42:35 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on June 22, 2014, 10:21:42 AM

They've done this with the golf for a few years now and you're right, it looks a bit 'plastic' to me.

it's a bit like the news, when they go to a reporter, and he does an impression of a noding donkey for several seconds before he can speak

Malc

The 4 second delay is because the reporter is looking at a satellite feed with a 2 second delay. Then their reply takes 2 seconds to get back to the studio, hence the reporter is actually agreeing with the comments the studio anchor is making.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on June 23, 2014, 10:09:21 PM
The 4 second delay is because the reporter is looking at a satellite feed with a 2 second delay. Then their reply takes 2 seconds to get back to the studio, hence the reporter is actually agreeing with the comments the studio anchor is making.

Studio anchor? That's a new one as I've only heard 'merchant banker' before :D

Greybeema

The other thing that they do is, when an actor is being interview by a local reporter - about their new film the interview with back scene was filmed in
A studio.  The local reporter is filmed asking the questions and nodding in agreement against a back scene that matches the one used by the actor  in the studio.  They never meet...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

scotsoft

The one that gets me is when the camera is a long way away from the reporter who looks as if they are talking to themselves to the public walking past.

This has to rate as one of the most idiotic methods of reporting ever  :unimpressed:

cheers John.

Bikeracer

And while they're waiting at the gates of another football manager who has had the push,they fill in the time by interviewing another reporter.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

guest311

and why is it that before virtually anyone is interviewed they have to be filmed walking ?

just get on with the interview !

Balloon_726

Quote from: class37025 on June 24, 2014, 12:23:22 AM
and why is it that before virtually anyone is interviewed they have to be filmed walking ?

just get on with the interview !

For those of us that have been trained by the BBC...

Its done as a 'context and establishing shot' its also used to allow for easier editing in and out of the interview be that live cut or pre-recorded, plus it can be used to add time to a package if its running short.

Balloon_726

Have I got the point of the angry thread or should I just be more generically angry?  :veryangry:  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations