Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Sure was... I even had the Kitmaster kit at the time!  :uneasy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

7P5F

Quote from: jrb on December 22, 2015, 02:40:51 AM
Bought the 'Depot Master' set today, and got a nice 04 to perform shunting duties on my tiny layout:

[smg id=33179 type=preview align=none caption=]

I really am amazed at the level of detail in the newer models compared to the Farish locos I had in my youth. I'd been running round the little oval to run it in for 30 mins before I even noticed it had the '4th axle' (don't know what it should be called!) behind the steps under the cab!

I also got 4 more Peco wagons, bringing me up to the magic 8 needed for the shunting puzzle. Here's 3 of them:

[smg id=33180 type=preview align=none caption=]

It`s called a Jackshaft drive.It takes the power of the engine to the coupling rods.

Ray.

railsquid

The Eigatani Tetsudo management is well-known for its affinity to British (and other European) trains of the post-transition/pre-privatisation era, and enthusiasts from both Japan and other countries regularly flock to the railway to see this unique collection in action. In recent weeks however, keen-eyed observers have noticed some unusual items of stock trundling in from a long trip over the Trans-Siberian railway via the tunnels connecting the island of Sakhalin to both mainland Russia and Japan.

Speculation is rife as to whether this marks a change in direction for the railway's collection policy, but well-informed observers are aware this is no mere exercise in nostalgia. For recently, on a disused freight yard owned by the company, a freak space/time portal has opened up, connecting this remote area of Japan to an as yet not precisely identified location somewhere in the British West Midlands on the border of Western and Midland regions in the early 1960s. The company is keen to take advantage of this phenomenon by constructing a carefully disguised station and small goods yard to promote interregional/intertemporal trade, particularly the import of goods otherwise hard to come by in Japan, such as Cornish cider and Breton onions. Due care will of course be taken to prevent cross-timeline pollution, as even in the "Swinging Sixties" it is anticipated that provincial Britain would be somewhat perturbed by leakage of even some of the less bizarre aspects of contemporary Japanese culture. Due to anticipated difficulties in construction, no date has been set for the opening of this unusal item of rail infrastructure but in the meantime arrival of more period stock is eagerly awaited.

gc4946

It's been a quiet time for new additions to my collection, because some models that I'm interested in aren't yet in the shops ...

However, I tracked down a Dapol class 156 in Northern (ex-First North Western) "Barbie" livery because I wanted to own a Birmingham-built prototype which would have run alongside 101s and my forthcoming Pendolino.

The powered model was sold as seen for spares, however I was unable to restore it to working order, so now runs as a dummy in multiple with an ex-FNW 153.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

cjdodd

Spotted this on eBay for a bargain buy it now price that would have been stupid to turn down .... so HAPPY CHRISTMAS FROM ME TO ME  :)

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: cjdodd on December 24, 2015, 04:14:09 PM
Spotted this on eBay for a bargain buy it now price that would have been stupid to turn down .... so HAPPY CHRISTMAS FROM ME TO ME  :)

Sooooo jealous! I need to pay better attention!
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

joe cassidy

Ah - a Clearance Tester for bridge/tunnel heights  :D

Happy Christmas to all,

Joe
P.S. James is even better/taller

cjdodd

Quote from: joe cassidy on December 24, 2015, 06:55:12 PM
Ah - a Clearance Tester for bridge/tunnel heights  :D

Happy Christmas to all,

Joe
P.S. James is even better/taller

Yes not tried it on my main layout yet, time will tell.

lil chris

merry christmas to everyone,perhaps someone can advise. I have been given a 3F loco for christmas, nearly new sourced off e-bay I beileve,nottt had chance to try running it yet I believe it to be dc and I am on dcc. the number on the box is 372-200 3F jinty 47338 BR black l/crest. will this need converting assuming it runs ok on dc, or will it have a socket,any advice appreciated.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Newportnobby

It's the 'old' type Jinty (running number 47338), Chris, so wouldn't have a DCC socket.
I guess you'll either have to (a) run it on DC and see if it runs OK or (b) remove the body to see if the previous owner has converted it to DCC.

lil chris

Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

daveg

Here's a link that may help in the future:

http://www.bachmann.co.uk/pdfs/farish_products_by_item_no.pdf

The listings include if the loco is DCC fitted.

HTH.

Dave G

Yet_Another

Purely in the interest of keeping the internet more accurate, this one's more recent:

http://www.bachmann.co.uk/pdfs/farish_products_by_item_no_rev5.pdf

I can't find one later than 2013, though.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

railsquid

While on a fact-finding mission to the United Kingdom, Eigatani Tetsudou board members found themselves, after sampling some of the local cider, the new owners of a class 121 "bubble car" in a fetching green livery, seen here undergoing initial acceptance trials.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations