The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Sounds on a par with the UK medicos, Bart ::)
Hope everything is OK :thumbsup:

REGP

Yep certainly sounds familiar.

Hope appointment comes soon and all works out well.

Ray

Jerry Howlett

With you Bart,

In September, Mrs "H" was called to the hospital here after a  :poop: test came up positive for blood.  She underwent a painful "quick probe" only to be told its "OK" we think, BUT she has to go for a scan "to be sure"......  Hospitals here are usually great but the first appointment was Dec 27th!! bear in mind this involves a severe diet for 4 days prior, so have deffered until Jan 3rd.

Hope your tests are quick and have a happy outcome.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

FeelixTC

While we're at it..............

I went to the quack's: "I'm not happy with my Kidneys Doc" (I've had trouble before)

"Naaah", said the Doc "That's not your kidneys; it's musco-skeletal that pain. But I'll send you for a scan anyway"

"Thanks Doc, no mixed messages there"

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: FeelixTC on October 10, 2013, 03:40:10 PM

I went to the quack's: "I'm not happy with my Kidneys Doc" (I've had trouble before)

"Naaah", said the Doc "That's not your kidneys; it's musco-skeletal that pain. But I'll send you for a scan anyway"

At least I understood what the Doctors said, and that was in Italian....
what is musco skeletal pain ?
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

FeelixTC

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on October 10, 2013, 03:59:11 PM
Quote from: FeelixTC on October 10, 2013, 03:40:10 PM

At least I understood what the Doctors said, and that was in Italian....
what is musco skeletal pain ?

A pain in your kidneys!

MikeDunn

think yourself lucky ... I went in with a trapped nerve in my neck & came out with blood pressure tablets & a kidney warning !!!  :confused1:

Trainfish

I went to my doctor as I suspected I had broken my leg in 2 places. He advised me not to go to those places!  :D

I hope you all get better soon and things aren't too serious.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

Yeah then while we are at the poor old me medical whinges, and our esteemed mod NPN wil vouch for this... on our relatively costly trip to the UK from Oz, my wife broke her thumb two days in, then after having had lunch with Mick in Blackpool, I went on the dodgems on central pier and broke a couple of ribs! I only had 1 pint, honest!

Great start, lugging broken appendages around for the next 6 weeks!

Didn't stop us, but.  :thumbsup:

Always look on the bright side.... Dee De Dee Der Dee de Dee...  :whistle:

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Ps. The luggage held up.  :D

George

Pete Mc

Well,I'll tell you what,I can't wait to see this weekend out.Today at work I had a lovely early finish and an equally early start to the weekend.

So I went to a mates house and whilst there,we hweard an almighty bang from outside.

As human nature took over,we went out to investigate the source of the bang.What we saw when we got outside was a car slewed across the road all smashed up,with the drivers door open and music blaring out of the radio.We then had a look to see how this happened when my mate said the words that sent me cold.

"Pete,its your car thats been hit mate."

Sure enough it was and it was a big hit to boot.All the front nearside of my beloved Skoda was smashed in,radiator pouring its fluid all over the road,glass everywhere etc,etc.

When we looked round at the car that had hit mine,there was a bloke laid half in and half out of the Ford Ka that was slewed across the road,very badly damaged.

He was moving but he wasn't in a good way at all.Now at this point a load of people had come out of their houses to see what was going on so someone had gone to check the bloke out who was laid at the side of the Ka by this point.As I was ringing for the ambulance/paramedics,the person who was checking him out said he stinks of booze so the emergency service woman was told the police need to come as well.

Within 5 minutes the First Responder had arrived and the bloke frombthe other car was coming round and was wanting to get away,aggressively as well.He was restrained by a rather big bloke who kept hold of him until the Police arrived.

Once they were there that was when things got worse though because he admitted to being a disqualified driver,he had been drinking heavily,he wasn't insured to drive the car and furthermore,he didn't have permission to drive the car from its owner,his wife.

At this point,I'm boiling with anger and only just managed to keep my cool.The police,who did a proper accident investigation,closed the road for an hour and kept me informed with every step helped me maintain my cool.

The bloke failed a road side breath test and was taken to hospital with suspected chest injuries.They weren't bad enough as far as I'm concerned.This idiot got in a car,smashed out of his head,drove like a maniac only feet from the car in front and has most probably written my car off,causing me massive inconvenience,possible hardship and a totally wrecked weekend.I'm sorry to say this but I wish he'd sustained very serious injuries.I know this would not have changed anything but it would have served as a reminder to him that this sort of thing is stupid and selfish.

The problem is though,by getting out with what may be light injuries,he won't learn his lesson because quite clearly he has no regard for the law when he gets into a car,disqualified from driving and crashes.It could so easily been worse.

His only concern was to have a fag for heavens sake,not whether anyone was in the car he'd hit,which was parked with the handbrake on,that he'd pushed about 20 foot away from where it was originally parked so he was batting along a bit,in a 30mph zone.

A witness,walking his dog at the time said he went by,driving like a maniac,feet from the back of a dark Audi saw it happen.

Like I said though,he wasn't hurt badly enough for me.

Sorry if that upsets anyone but thats how I feel.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

1936ace

hey pete, thats crap mate!

same sort of stuf goes on here to. no respect for the law or other people. and worse is they go to court and the judge gives then a "now dont do that again" penalty, a real kick in the pant for the hard work the police have done and expence to taxpayers.

will the wife insurance pay for your car or do they wipe their hands of it because he was drunk

i totally agree with you re the injury thingy, it would stop them from doing it again and as i have said else where, they dont give two hoots about the people like nme that have to cut them out or clean up the mess.

fingers croosed mate it works out ok for you

Bart

Bealman

That is indeed a horror story. Best of luck with it, Pete - keep us posted

George

Pete Mc

Cheers Bart,I'm already looking at the next step,that being the replacement for this one should the insurance company write mine off.

As for her insurance company,I have no idea how it'll pan out.I have been told it may take some time to sort out and there is also the ininsured drivers fund or whatever its called that provides another layer of protection(?),again,I have no idea.

What I do know is this,in the interim,if my car is written off,my insurance company will still want me on its books paying my monthly installments so I suspect that they'll pay me out which will then ensure they keep my custom because without a car,I don't need insurance therefore I won't need to make my payments which is no money to them ultimately.

In all the years I have been driving,this is the only time apart from the windscreen and window replacement claims that I have made and I have owned my own car since I was 19,not the same car obviously.I'm 44 now and never had a blameworthy claim made by anyone on my policy.

Its new territory for me now so hopefully it'll be a painless process and I'll have a courtesy or hire car to use the other side of this weekend at no cost to me.

Odd thing was,once the other bloke was getting into the ambulance to go off to hospital,he apologised and held out his hand to shake mine.I kept my hands in my pocket because I would rather have smacked him in the piehole.

A woman at the scene that lived over the road went nuts at him just before the police arrived,perhaps she'd had prior experience with a drink driver before and she went at him saying all sorts of stuff about kids etc,etc.Still didn't make me feel sorry for him even though I just wanted her to shut up.But thats human nature for you I suppose.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Chetcombe

Holy cow what a story! Pete, you have had a week from hell what with the glasses incident and now your car. I hope they throw the book at this guy. I can't think of anything polite to call him  :-X
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations