Thunderbirds are go!!!!

Started by Newportnobby, April 02, 2015, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Will there be any others like me tuning in to see what the new Thunderbirds will be like on Saturday evening? Let's hope it's F.A.B. :)
(CITV 5pm)

Plainline.

From what I've seen so far they have ruined it! I hope I am wrong!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Plainline. on April 02, 2015, 08:43:18 PM
From what I've seen so far they have ruined it! I hope I am wrong!

Ah - but the question was whether you'll tune in to find out.
I saw Sylvia Anderson on the BBC morning news the other day and she gave it the OK.

joe cassidy

Are the strings still visible ?

Best regards,

Joe

Plainline.

I will tune in to see. Just seen a few snippets, one thing i don't like, they have spoilt the theme music. If it's not broke, why fix it?

Pengi

Captain Scarlet was my favourite programme. I didn't really enjoy the CGI version and gave up on it quite quickly - it just didn't seem to have the atmosphere of the puppet version.

Hope the new Thunderbirds is a success though
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Caz

Bit like Thomas the Tank Engine, when it went in cartoon mode it lost all its magic, filming the running of actual model locos was ten time better that the apology it is now.   :(
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Chetcombe

Was in the UK on business this week and saw some of the hype on TV. I am stunned and excited that the original guy who did the voice of Parker is reprising his role in the new version. Not bad for an 89 year old!

Good on him, or as Lady Penelope would say "Well done Parker"

And for the aficionados...

http://youtu.be/pxOgk1jEKsg
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Agrippa

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Greybeema

Thunderbirds and Dads Army on TV on a Saturday night. All we need is Basil Brush and a double bill of Tom and Jerry to complete the line up...

Progress huh?   :bounce:
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

guest311

better than most of the 'reality' or 'talent' stuff that's on there normally.

add a double bill of Porridge and that wouldn't be too bad, with a few drams  :)

Sprintex

Quote from: Greybeema on April 03, 2015, 08:16:29 AM
Thunderbirds and Dads Army on TV on a Saturday night. All we need is Basil Brush and a double bill of Tom and Jerry to complete the line up...

The original Tom & Jerry cartoons are screened on Boomerang channel on Sky, including saturday nights :D

Paul

DELETED

Didn't get the Thunderbirds thing when I was younger.  I watched Captain Scarlet, Stingray, Joe 90 (my nickname for years was Joe 90 :thumbsdown:) and Terrahawks. Love each of them dearly but if anyone tried to make a computer re-run I'd not watch now.

I don't want them to re-make anything these days.  There's so many channels full of repeats, some repeat same time in 2 to 3 hrs -why not fill the space with re-runs of proper shows, the choice must be endless!

Must admit as a Naval Architect I did like this...

Malc

I didn't bother to watch the show, but if anyone saw it, was it any good?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Agrippa

It's going to be dubbed into Welsh.

Thunderbirds are Gogogoch..................
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £60.23
Below Goal: £39.77
Site Currency: GBP
60% 
April Donations