Feedback about the forum

Started by guest2, December 01, 2012, 12:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotsoft

Quote from: kiwi1941 on December 03, 2012, 07:42:45 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 01, 2012, 12:42:38 PMIf you can give your views or possible improvements for the forum then I'd be very grateful

I wonder if it might be possible to offer the option of listing messages in reverse order i.e. most recent first, when reloading a previously read thread? This would be a great help to those of us condemned to rural dial-up, like me but not from choice, especially when there are lots of pictures posted in a thread.

HTH, Brian

You can do this as this is how I view the posts.

If you go into your profile.
Then "Modify Profile"
Then "Look and Layout"
Put a tick in the last check box on the left
Your messages will now show the most recent first.

The only drawback to this is when someone refers to "the post above" as now in your case it will be the post below  ;)

Any problems let me know and I will help you out.

cheers John.

davidjhope

Quote from: Tank on December 03, 2012, 06:49:52 PM
I need to write a tutorial about it, as I stupidly never explained it fully to people.  Click this link for the basics on setting it up.

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=3012.msg36989#msg36989
Is it possile to upload more than one photo into the profile pictures?

scotsoft

Quote from: davidjhope on December 03, 2012, 09:02:58 PM
I need to write a tutorial about it, as I stupidly never explained it fully to people.  Click this link for the basics on setting it up.

You can David, if you have a look at Tanks profile you will see he has many pictures uploaded.
Or have I grasped the wrong end of the stick?

cheers John.

Caz

One thing that I think needs looking at is the mobile site side of the forum. 

When I use it, there is a a notice "Go to main site" blazoned across the top of the page which can be so easily caught accidentally and immediately takes you to the full site.  The problem is getting back again, you have scroll way down the bottom of the page on the main site to find some minuscule text saying "mobile" and using a mobile it's not only difficult to find and use but also to accurately select it to put you back into mobile mode.

Grump over.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

OwL

Not trying to sound like a mardy bum or anything but can we highlight the Search button in a different colour/size in its new location at the top right of screen, took me ages to find as it is less obvious in its new position.  :thankyousign:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

scotsoft

Quote from: OwL on December 03, 2012, 09:28:31 PM
Not trying to sound like a mardy bum or anything but can we highlight the Search button in a different colour/size in its new location at the top right of screen, took me ages to find as it is less obvious in its new position.  :thankyousign:

Now you have found it there is no need to change it, is there  ;)

PM on its way  :thumbsup:

OwL

Quote from: scotsoft on December 03, 2012, 09:31:12 PM

Now you have found it there is no need to change it, is there  ;)

PM on its way  :thumbsup:

:D :D :D-That was quick! :thankyousign: :wave:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Illori

Quote from: whiteswan on December 03, 2012, 09:20:16 PM

When I use it, there is a a notice "Go to main site" blazoned across the top of the page which can be so easily caught accidentally and immediately takes you to the full site.  The problem is getting back again, you have scroll way down the bottom of the page on the main site to find some minuscule text saying "mobile" and using a mobile it's not only difficult to find and use but also to accurately select it to put you back into mobile mode.

Grump over.

would it just be easier to remove the link on the mobile site at the top that goes back to the full site? the link is at the bottom of the mobile theme anyway.

Tank

Quote from: whiteswan on December 03, 2012, 09:20:16 PM

Grump over.

Thanks Caz.  I agree about the 'mobile' button and will look into it.  Also the 'Go to main site'. 

Illori

the old search link still exists as well, you do not need to use the search feature at the top of the page unless you want to.

davidjhope

Quote from: scotsoft on December 03, 2012, 09:08:51 PM
Quote from: davidjhope on December 03, 2012, 09:02:58 PM

Hi John,
I can upload them individualy but it's fairly time consuming and I was wondering if it's possible to do a mass upload?
If not I will just do a few at a time.
David

You can David, if you have a look at Tanks profile you will see he has many pictures uploaded.
Or have I grasped the wrong end of the stick?

cheers John.

scotsoft

Quote from: davidjhope on December 03, 2012, 10:44:25 PM
Hi John,
I can upload them individualy but it's fairly time consuming and I was wondering if it's possible to do a mass upload?
If not I will just do a few at a time.
David

I am in the dark here as I have never tried to upload a number of pictures to my profile page.
I know there is a mass upload function in the albums section.
Perhaps one of the other mods will be able to tell you more.

John.

Oldman

On the mobile forum would be possible to put the button for unread posts at the top because you have to scrool down to the bottom for all those functions.
Btw I am using a fairly basic phone with wap only.
Another useful button on the mobile site would be a mark all as read .
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

kiwi1941

Quote from: scotsoft on December 03, 2012, 07:52:58 PM
You can do this as this is how I view the posts. cheers John.

Thanks John, I hadn't realised that. Brian
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Wendell Phillips.

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

Illori

Quote from: Oldman on December 03, 2012, 11:25:38 PM
On the mobile forum would be possible to put the button for unread posts at the top because you have to scrool down to the bottom for all those functions.
Btw I am using a fairly basic phone with wap only.
Another useful button on the mobile site would be a mark all as read .

you mean on the mobile theme or the wap mode? i am not sure we can add more features to the wap mode but will add it to the list.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations