Too busy?

Started by Newportnobby, June 03, 2020, 11:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

Quote from: ntpntpntp on August 09, 2020, 05:55:35 PM
Funny, I was just thinking how it's been faster for the past few days than it was not so long ago.  I'm getting good responses to page links etc.

Maybe the internet cables struggle too push all the data up North? Seriously though, have tried all the usual things like clearing cache etc but finding it slow here in Fife and also in Dundee. Apart from the errors, it took nearly 10s for the page to refresh after I made that last post.

Newportnobby

It was not so bad earlier today but now it's like a sloth carrying a bag of very heavy shopping. From clicking 'Reply' it took 40 seconds to allow me to do so ::)

Out of curiosity (I have no clue about these things) the young (in his forties is young to me) guy next door has been working from home since the Covid-19 struck and he works in the telecomms industry. He told me last week he has some mega speed internet system due to his work needs, and I'm just wondering whether his system is swamping poor li'l me with my BT Infinity?

ntpntpntp

5 seconds to get the reply box up
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

port perran

Server seems to be under too much stress this evening.
I've had this message a few times in the last ten minutes.
Anyone else experiencing problems?
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

themadhippy

yea its been sluggish the last day or 2,would appear bots have taken an interest in n gauge https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=51133.0
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Newportnobby

Even with much of the forum hidden to guests I still find it a lot slower than other sites I frequent but do appreciate it has speeded things up a little. Still get the odd 'timed out' message now and then

Papyrus

I found the forum a bit slower than usual yesterday but it seems back to normal today.

cheers,

Chris

Bealman

Everything quick and normal on the phone while having a beer at the club.

Just reporting in, like.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Getting quite a few 'timed out' messages this evening

Bealman

Wednesday morning here on hotel Wi-Fi in Port Macquarie, working fine at moment

Bealman

OK, so I'm lying in bed looking at me phone, but the forum seems slow tonight. Just the Antipodes, I guess?

Tank

Bealman

It's me phone, boss. Sorry!

port perran

The forum is wizzing along here right now but was pretty slow at about 10-30 this morning.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations