what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

I totally agree John, the short EasiShunts do look best on locos, thankfully almost all of my stock has the short version fitted, only a couple of items needed anything longer due to the fact that the pocket is mounted a little further back than usual.  I'm dead pleased with their operation as I can now get my trains to auto uncouple and then turn themselves on the turntable at the terminus with without human intervention, brilliant and fascinating to just sit back and watch it all happen.   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

johnlambert

Thanks Caz, I'm a big fan of the Dapol EasiShunts even though I had to hack my layout about to fit the magnets.  As you said there is something amazing about hands-free uncoupling

Any future layouts will be designed with close-coupling in mind and better integration of the magnets from the start.  My one worry about going for N gauge was that it wasn't practical to do shunting layouts but EasiShunts and electrofrog points make it practical.  I'm looking forward to modelling a terminus station of my own one day.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Caz on January 27, 2015, 09:50:54 PM
I can now get my trains to auto uncouple and then turn themselves on the turntable at the terminus with human intervention, brilliant and fascinating to just sit back and watch it all happen.   :thumbsup:

Do you mean without human intervention or do you have working N gauge figures, Caz? :worried:

Caz

Quote from: newportnobby on January 28, 2015, 09:40:21 AM
Quote from: Caz on January 27, 2015, 09:50:54 PM
I can now get my trains to auto uncouple and then turn themselves on the turntable at the terminus with human intervention, brilliant and fascinating to just sit back and watch it all happen.   :thumbsup:

Do you mean without human intervention or do you have working N gauge figures, Caz? :worried:

:smackedface: :headbutt: :-[  Now corrected, thanks NPN
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

johnlambert

Currently playing host to D1000 Western Enterprise and having a mini Western gathering to celebrate the arrival "on shed" of D1012 Western Firebrand.

Local spotters out to see Western Enterprise at work

GeeBee

Having had 3 weeks off because of chest infections etc just starting to put some lighting up on Martini Holt

Chetcombe

Fixing those fiddly pipes and couplings from the detail bags onto locos :goggleeyes:

So far I have done the following:

3 Class 22s - easiest I have ever done; 3 pipes that all fit easily into their holes and a simple coupling
2 Class 25s - relatively straightforward, but an amazing number of pieces and hoses to fit
A Class 37 - useless, the diagram bears no relation to the parts and if you fit them as instructed the bogie won't turn
A Hall - no instructions so had to rely on photos on the inter web, eventually quite straightforward though. I also added a driver and a fireman. I still have a couple of parts that I have no idea where they fit. These are two wires with ring loops at each end about an inch and a half long - If anyone has any idea where these go please advise...

Eyes now very tired :o
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

johnlambert

Quote from: Chetcombe on February 07, 2015, 09:44:32 PM
Hall - no instructions so had to rely on photos on the inter web, eventually quite straightforward though. I also added a driver and a fireman. I still have a couple of parts that I have no idea where they fit. These are two wires with ring loops at each end about an inch and a half long - If anyone has any idea where these go please advise...

Eyes now very tired :o

Those wires sound like spares to replace the wires between the tender and loco if they get damaged.  I don't think they're detailing parts.

railsquid

Finally got around to constructing the base plates for the hidden storage area behind my desk (I hesitate to call it a fiddle yard as it's hard to fiddle).

Having then done that, some blue-sky out-of-the box thinking occurred and I hit upon a much more efficient way of organizing the room so this will be a temporary feature while I procrastinate further.

Cazadoom

Giving The 37 Fleet a Day out.

[smg id=21449 type=preview align=center caption="37 Day Out"]

scotsoft

It looks like they are all raring to go  :D

cheers John.

Trainfish

Maybe they can have a race like my shunters did...................

http://youtu.be/vqYn9jzaRuk
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Cazadoom

Two of them that came haring through on the second line look like they are about to cause trouble round the bend

Trainfish

Erm yes, they did  :o

No injuries to small people reported though  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

Those old Farish coaches are as tough as old boots though  :D
John

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations