No model rail tv program. why not

Started by Geoff, August 21, 2014, 02:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Quote from: sparky on August 21, 2014, 06:15:33 PM
perhaps both Bachfar and Dapol could create a few more tutorials or on line reviews posted on their sites of each new model as they appear...would also be nice to see some "how to" type videos from them covering simple servicing or problem solving...much better than the meaningless "oil carefully type instructions" which mean nothing !

Sorry, Sparky, but that really is wishful thinking. The only reviews you'd see on the Bachfar/Dapol websites would be the good ones. Let's face it, many of the monthly mags review samples and can't find criticism with anything and then all hell can break loose when the general buying public get hold of the model.
As for anything else, they'd be better off reading the N Gauge Forum :D

CarriageShed

I'm dubious that any of the major broadcasters or programme makers could produce something that would satisfy anyone who had got past the 'looking through the shop window' level of modelling.

I recently tried re-watching the BBC's 'Viking' series of programmes and gave up during the first episode. Absolutely no mention made of the origins of the Viking name and no mention made of the various peoples who went into making the Scandinavian people, Sami, Kvens, Kainu, Finns, etc. How can you present a series that looks at the history of a people without looking at the history behind the people? It's sloppy work designed to look flashy and capture the channel hoppers. Tsk.

*end of historian's rant* :D

cjdodd

There was a program on a while ago called Mark Found - The Garden Railway

You can watch it on youtube now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcMe1QKuEyQ&list=PL2Zdpssq947NaVV2tKOUGizHOoeoD8UWC

steam-driven boy

Hi,
Quote from: cjdodd on August 24, 2014, 12:42:24 PM
There was a program on a while ago called Mark Found - The Garden Railway

You can watch it on youtube now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcMe1QKuEyQ&list=PL2Zdpssq947NaVV2tKOUGizHOoeoD8UWC
It looks like you took my opening advice on page 1 post #14 of this topic  :smiley-laughing:
If people click on his YouTube user name 'The Model Railway Channel' you'll see some of his other stuff I referred to there  :thumbsup:

Regards, Gerry  8)
...being a bear of very little brain...

Ian Morton

Having been involved in two of the 'Right Track' series of DVDs I have to say that it takes a lot of time and work to produce an hour's worth of viewing. Each took a many hours of advance planing, meetings and preparations plus two days of filming. It's a lot cheaper just to re-run an old sit-com - and probably guarantees more viewers!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations