Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe cassidy

Are these faulty locos sent back to the factory being "recycled" ?

Best regards,

Joe

MattJ

Quote from: Ditape on April 17, 2015, 12:11:52 PM
[smg id=24102 type=preview align=center caption="@2"]

The latest addition to the fleet on Snoozebury a Dapol Class 35 Hymek in two tone green with small yellow warning panels.

I've been wanting a Hymek, couldn't seem to find one so I got my green Warship instead!
They're there for their tea.

Roy L S

Quote from: joe cassidy on April 17, 2015, 08:51:35 PM
Are these faulty locos sent back to the factory being "recycled" ?

Best regards,

Joe

Hi Joe

I don't think so. We have seen a number of dofferent locos (Ivatts and Class 37s for two) sold via this route at bargain prices and as far as I know they are "proper" production models. Plenty on the Forum seem to have bought them, perhaps someone can confirm.

Kind Regards

Roy

joe cassidy

So is this what happens ?

Bachmann UK orders 1000 locos from the factory in China.

The factory makes 1200, but delivers 1000 to Bachmann UK.

The 200 "spares" end up in Taiwan.

Best regards,

Joe

guest311

my two 37251s were just as good as the one that I got from Liverpool, and at £98 + £9 p&p = £107 were £3 odd less than that one.

in fact so happy, I've got two more heading my way, but don't tell HMRC  :worried:

the only difference was no details bag, but I'm sure I can cover than from the Dapol details sets I've got, or even the details parts from other 37s.

alan

Luke Piewalker

My bounty from a trip to C&M Models in Carlisle.  :-[

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Luke Piewalker

:laughabovepost:

I had the rolling road down at my parents for test running...

I got a coach interior for my Mk3 Composite in the push pull set though.

I can highly recommend C&M, very friendly, and there is a new Pay and Display car park just across the road!

Ken
8~)

davidinyork

Quote from: Luke Piewalker on April 18, 2015, 01:53:04 PM
:laughabovepost:

I had the rolling road down at my parents for test running...

I got a coach interior for my Mk3 Composite in the push pull set though.

I can highly recommend C&M, very friendly, and there is a new Pay and Display car park just across the road!

Ken
8~)

It's also only about five minutes' walk from Carlisle station. I can also recommend it - good stock, and the bloke who runs it is very helpful.

Paddy

Well I fell off the wagon today after a visit to Model Railways Direct in Portishead, Bristol.  Only went to get my brother a birthday present but left with so much more.  :worried:

I absolutely love MRD as they have a fantastic modern shop, a huge amount of stock and excellent prices.  If anyone is ever in the area then I highly recommend a visit.

My haul included...

Graham Farish Scenecraft Georgian Townhouse
Graham Farish Scenecraft Bicycle Hut
Graham Farish Scenecract Fueling Point Pump House
Graham Farish MK1 CCT in BR Blue

oh and...

The Steel Worker and Seaside Excursion train sets!  :doh:

These train sets are such good value that I thought it rude not to.

Have a great weekend.

Paddy

HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

johnlambert

Two more Graham Farish 16T weathered mineral wagons with different running numbers to the one I have.

railsquid

86213 "Lancashire Witch" in a halfway decent livery. Apparently a non-runner but after a bit of magic is flying around the layout without the help of a broomstick.

This follows on from another, somewhat older Class 86 also sold as a "non-runner":

This one has a lion on the side... So now I have a Lion, a Witch... were any locomotives ever named after St Andrew by the Wardrobe?

paulprice

MalcolmInN

Oh yea, oh yea,
be it known that A. Black and Sons : Coal merchants, are unable to fullfil their orders to the good peoples of Silloth for the forseable future being as 'ow their only mechanical horse is in need of repairs, which can only be undertaken in the great metropolis of Carlisle.
Arthur regrets any inconvenience and invites all his customers to send their lads with hand-carts to his yard near the engine shed east of the mill and station to collect any essential supplies.

[actually all the stuff in the pic are new purchases, apart from the specs. in the background ! ]

gc4946

A Poole-made Farish 101 3-car unit with blue/grey inlays on my Fisherlea layout.

It's in very good condition for its age and runs OK too.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations