Electra Railway Graphics - Up and running!

Started by Adam1701D, September 30, 2012, 09:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam1701D

As some of you may be aware, I have been having difficulties with the production of my vinyls recently, which has prompted me to the rather drastic step of not accepting any new orders until these are rectified.

The problems are two-fold but possibly related. The first seems to be a reluctance for the new cutting machine to perform as required with the cuts not lining up with the prints on a high number of sheets. I always get a few failures that end up in the bin but never this bad. As the vinyl and ink are not cheap, there is only so much attrition that I can take.

Another problem has been the supply of good quality A4 vinyl sheet. I have been using a thinner material recently but this seems to be causing a lot of the alignment problems - the cutter just doesn't like it very much. My previous supplier of the better and thicker material seems to only get the stuff in stock sporadically and currently doesn't have anything at all.

There are various suppliers I have tried but the vinyl is either too curly and won't flatten out or, in one case, not actually vinyl but stick-backed paper!

So there you go...rather than take orders that I cannot guarantee  I have decided to knock things on the head until my vinyl stocks are replenished and I can get quality results again.

If you have an outstanding order with me, this is on the list and will be done as and when more vinyl arrives. I am expecting twenty sheets this week, which should help a little.

Please be patient otherwise. I am working hard to get things fixed and will still be doing development work on the 313 and other EMU projects in the background!

In the meantime, I have compiled a list of items already printed and in stock, which can be downloaded here:

http://www.warr.biz/erg/Electra%20N%20Gauge%20Stock%20011012.pdf

:NGaugersRule:
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Malc

Sorry to hear about your problems Adam, hope it sorts itself out.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

guest311

The Cuckoo

I'm also sorry to hear about this, I've been meaning to order two sets from you since TINGS as you were sold out of the Vinyls that I was looking for.  :(

Tank

I hope you can get it all sorted out soon Adam.

Greybeema

Sure it'll get sorted. Don't despair something will turn up.  Then we'll all be after you for the great service and products you provide...
:Class414:
Worlds Greatest Suburban Electric - Southern
(Sparky Arcy 3rd Rail Electrickery Traction)

My Layout on NGauge Forum:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=12592.msg154278#msg154278

H

Good luck on a resolution.

You've got a good name and reputation in the model marketplace.

H.

Jack

Just as I was building up the courage for my first project and put and order in.  :( Oh well - Good products are worth the wait.

Thanks for letting us know and here's hoping it won't be to long before you've sorted out your suppliers Adam.
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Bikeracer

Hi Adam

If your cutter is still under warranty perhaps you could send it back for repair or replacement,give the supplier a ring about the problem and see what they say.
I seem to remember I had a similar problem after doing an upgrade,it seemed to be when I tried to cut some files from before the upgrade.I think I redrew the cutting lines on the print,but it could have been a software glitch.

Can you draw some squares on plain paper and put them through on the cutting mat,that hopefully would show if the cutter is out or not,I do that to check the calibration rather than the calibration print out but only alter one adjustment at a time so I can see which way I'm going.
Just a guess because I've only ever cut card and paper on the cutting mat but could it be the new vinyl is stretching or not feeding through very well.

Having said all that, I know mine seems to not cut properly on the odd occasion,usually cured by switching everything off and rebooting.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Adam1701D

I'd just like to say a big thank you to everybody for their support. I really hope to get up and running gain soon!
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Chris

Hope you get everything resolved soon Adam. There's quite a hole in the market while you're not operating!

Donkey

Hope you get things sorted out soon Adam. I have seen some of your vinyls on exhibition layouts and they are class  :thumbsup:

Marty

Adam1701D

Happy to announce that I have secured some more vinyl and the new cutter is running reasonably well. I have made significant inroads into the backlog of orders, so everything is back up and running again!

Also I have some new bits coming out. The new Arriva WAG Express Mk3s and DVT and FGW HST overlays for the Dapol Mk3s.

The HST sides are designed to fit the standard 8-window TS/TF shell and incorporate the different window layouts for the TGS, TRFB and Disabled coaches. Some minor modification is required to the shell for these - generally removing the beading on the altered windows.

The Arriva set incorporates overlays for 2xTSO, 1xRFM and DVT - ideal for re-liverying the "Pretendolino" pack, which can be picked up fairly cheaply on-line.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations