dapol hst

Started by matt-b, May 02, 2011, 08:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REFaust

A few retailers are now listing the 'Intercity Executive' liveried version in stock. Looks very nice but I'm not totally convinced by the lower bodyside colour, almost looks khaki :( I did have this on my to buy list but I'm having second thoughts after my experiences with the Britannia.

R E Faust

:Class89:

cudders

I don't think I'll bother with Dapol locos again. So many bad reports on so many models!

I'll wait till Farish bring out what I need.

Cudders
Hoping to make a start on the layout before Xmas!!

porkie

Quote from: cudders on June 19, 2011, 02:38:57 PM
I don't think I'll bother with Dapol locos again. So many bad reports on so many models!

I'll wait till Farish bring out what I need.

Cudders

I think i will be doing the same mate,   
after reading about the nitemares with the HST, Im gonna see if i can get a later bachmann farish of good old ebay as everyone one wants a dapol version...
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

EtchedPixels

I'm also keeping my Farish ones - the Dapol one looks nice but its a lot of cash, plus I've already fitted mine with sound and they have other oddments like etched revised light clusters and the missing rear detail added so aren't quite so far behind.

The revised FGW may be a different matter, although I'm slightly short of an excuse for one.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Sailor Charon

I'm thinking of getting an HST...
Just trying to work out the blood and custard livery I'd run it in. I'm thinking something like the blue/grey livery but with red instead of blue and cream instead of grey. The alternative would be red at the front with small yellow ends...
I just keep trying to get a little better
Said a little better than before

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Sailor Charon on June 23, 2011, 03:22:37 PM
I'm thinking of getting an HST...
Just trying to work out the blood and custard livery I'd run it in. I'm thinking something like the blue/grey livery but with red instead of blue and cream instead of grey. The alternative would be red at the front with small yellow ends...

Not black with silver roof and bogies ?
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Lawrence

I get the feeling that if it was left to Sailor, everything would be painted blood & custard  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

bluedepot

my hst in intercity swallow livery has just arrived!!!!!

well... i've never seen the farish one close up, but the dapol one looks great, like the wipers and grills, to be honest it doesnt look as 'wow' as some of the new farish locos and wagons i've seen.... but anyway it still looks pretty damn great... compared to n gauge a decade ago it's amazing....

i'm slightly nervous it wont work that well after the reports.... i'll test it later tonight or tomorrow evening....

i'm also slightly nervous that i've spent about £220 on n gauge this month...

tim

bluedepot

problem number #1:

what decoder fits into the hst?

i notice that the standard bachmann decoder will not fit....

can someone suggest alternatives that are totally flat?

thanks

tim

MacRat

The thinnest Decoder I know is the DCX75 by CT Electronic.

REFaust

In the Dapol catalogue they list the recommended decoders to use with each model.

For the HST they say:

TCS 1298
Zimo MX621N
CT DCX 75N
Digital Plus Silver Mini 10311-02
Gaugemaster DCC 23

Hope this helps

R E Faust

bluedepot

thanks for the advice macrat and r e faust

massive anti-climax now as i need to get some decoders to run it on my layout!!! :(

i'll have to try and buy some on saturday....

anyone on here got the dapol hst on dcc, if so what decoder did you use?

cheers

tim

klaatu

I've got a TCS EUN615 (same as 1298 mentioned above) in my Virgin HST, it works really well. My IC Swallow should be arriving this morning. I'm expecting the colours not to match the Mk3 coaches I've already bought for it  :'(

Steve

scruff

you are quite correct, the coaches with the set are almost black on the dark grey and the roofs are black. To be fair they don't look too bad but there are new coaches being released in july by Dapol.
The blue/grey are better but the set coaches have a black roof whereas the older ones are grey, again they pass muster but matching would have been better.

HTH

Mark

Sailor Charon

Quote from: Lawrence on June 23, 2011, 07:01:19 PM
I get the feeling that if it was left to Sailor, everything would be painted blood & custard  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Dunno why, exactly, because I'm not old enough to remember it in real life, but somehow... to me it just seems right for coaches. :)
I just keep trying to get a little better
Said a little better than before

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £30.67
Below Goal: £69.33
Site Currency: GBP
31% 
May Donations