!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Kanjiyama - Japanese Terminus Layout  (Read 29675 times)

Offline DesertHound

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25245
    • www.thefarishshed.com
    • Awards
Re: Kanjiyama - Japanese Terminus Layout
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2014, 03:48:54 PM »
Yes, it appeared in the NGS Journal last year (if memory serves). If you go visit Japan, be fully prepared to succumb to temptation...there is so much cool stuff out there.

Like Kato galore  ;D I'm yet to lay my "ledge loop" around the room, but I'll be using Kato track for that. I know, I just know, that the temptation will arrive one day when I flee the nest (ok, to give you your grammatical fix NewportNobby, yes, I nearly did write flea  :wave:) that is Poole built Graham Farish and venture into Kato rolling stock. 'Tis the day I'd better have just won the lottery!

Dan
Visit www.thefarishshed.com for all things Poole Farish and have the confidence to look under the bonnet of your locos!

Offline Claude Dreyfus

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 12216
  • 2mm Association Number: 4949
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Kanjiyama -JR Eastern in the Springtime
    • Awards
« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2015, 10:45:32 PM »
Kanjiyama is out to play again this month; answering a last-minute SOS from the Solent MRC and appearing at Eurotrack on the 21st - 22nd. We showed Yamanouchi Oshika there back in 2012, and it was an excellent show, although unfortunately I went down with a stinking cold and had to cry off on the Sunday.

More details here... http://solentmodelrailwaygroup.webs.com/modelrailwayexhibition.htm

Anyone attending, do say hello!  :wave:

Offline Claude Dreyfus

• Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2015, 10:22:16 PM »
I said Kanjiyama would be out next weekend, but it turned out that I had a very-much last-minute invite to a show last Sunday. I arrived at the show yesterday at about 08:00 to assist with a couple of layouts being provided by our club, to find one had experienced an emergency the previous evening and was unavailable. A quick discussion, and I made the 15 mile trek to home to dig Kanjiyama out to bring to the show.

By 09:45 the layout was set up and trains were running. This proved to be a great opportunity to test the layout for the two-day show next weekend, but also to train some of the operators - it does take a little practice. I was also able to give some of my new arrivals a run-in...including my Tohoku Emotion set. Very nice!

Offline Claude Dreyfus

• Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #153 on: February 23, 2015, 09:06:45 PM »
Kanjiyama went out to play at Eurotrack last weekend. It was a very enjoyable show, and despite a grumpy point for about 30 minutes on the Saturday, it behaved itself.

A few snaps...

A bit of end of show fun...

Offline Oldman

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Grumpy old git who hates sport
    • Awards
« Reply #154 on: February 23, 2015, 10:46:37 PM »
Same grumpy point my tram found?
Glad you are still getting out and about with it.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Offline Claude Dreyfus

• Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2015, 09:50:16 PM »
It has been ages since the last update on here...

Kanjiyama has been out and about a few times, most recently at TINGS.

All set up on Friday and ready to roll.

A DF50 on a passenger train.

Kato cuteness - a C56 tender locomotive

New toy! A Kato Imperial train...  :)

It was an enjoyable show, and in general Kanjiyama behaved well again. There was a point which played up intermittently, and the temperature in the hall did start to effect running qualities - the foot crossing started to lift slightly, fouling some of my regular units. It was good to talk to those who did stop to look at the layout.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575% 
November Donations

Advertise Here