!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol Mallard 4-6=2  (Read 1365 times)

Offline johnk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 10199
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Dapol Mallard 4-6=2
« on: August 14, 2012, 05:27:44 PM »
Does anybody know if there is a magic art in fitting the DCC chip to this loco. The instruction sauy 'Just unclip the Tender top from the Chassis'. Having just completed running in in DC I find it almost impossible to remove the tender top.!! Before I use what I think may be considerable pressure and thereby risk damage I would appreciate any help one can offer or suggest. Cheers and thanks in advance.

Offline Donkey

• N Gauge Society Number: 22825
    • Awards
Re: Dapol Mallard 4-6=2
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 07:57:14 PM »
Have not got an A4 yet but I imagine it will be like my A3 whereby you just give a slight wiggle to the back of the tender while lifting. I am sure others with A4's will soon be along to offer advice  :)

Marty

Offline Dr Al

• Trade Count: (+52)
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 09:13:41 AM »
It's just a tight clipping fit. Needs a good tug and try to get it to come off one side first then the other when doing so.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

“We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces.” – Dr. Carl Sagan

Offline johnk

• N Gauge Society Number: 10199
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 07:41:27 PM »
Thanks for the assistance to both 'helpers'. After considerable force without success I contacted Dapol and their service people (DCC Supplies) who confirmed that much more brute force was necessary and eventually with considerable ignorance on my part I was successful. :claphappy: Having now successfully fitted the decoder and with everything back in place Mallard works very well.
I  have to say this loco has the easiest fitting decoder (apart from the tender removal) and certainly far easier than any other locos in my collection
Many thanks again for the help
john k

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £70.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
117% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal