RevolutioN trains appreciation thread

Started by GWR_XC, Yesterday at 10:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suffolk Rob, GWR_XC, msr, RES, Moonglum, Roy L S and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.

Graham

I did not intend to come across as "nah, they 'aint so special", given my level of support for them, you only have to look at the stock running on Mid Albion to see the evidence, and I did point out how great the support from Simon has been.
Just my thoughts, and it will not stop me buying more and more and more.

GWR_XC

@Stuart Down Under - great post and well said

I'm not in any way suggesting the revolution team need this - but I'd imagine if they see these kind of threads from time to time on any form of social media - it must be a really nice feeling knowing your customer base really appreciate the work and models you produce, I know the best way to do this and support them is to buy there models, but nice messages and support along the way is nice too

My motivation for doing this for revolution that on the whole I have been so impressed and very grateful they are part of the industry and hobby

Key points -

High premium quality

Unique models

Price point (actually a lot fairer then some people think)

The packaging - premium feel

The back story of the owners and there passion for the hobby

Ben ando (sure the other team members are great as well) but only really had messages back and forth with Ben over time and have to say he has been first class

That's why I think the company is a special case and definitely deserve the appreciation


I know some folks here might like steam locos.... But look how well revolution have done there emus... Imagine how incredible a class 442 from them would be

I definitely do need to understand there website better and get locked down on some earybird releases - starting with the electro stars there is at least 2 I would like I better start saving...


Roy L S

Quote from: Stuart Down Under on Today at 04:23:01 AMNoting the title "RevolutioN trains appreciation thread", is it really the appropriate place to post "nah, they 'aint so special" type of message? Either express your appreciation, or start your own post to make your own comparative assessments.


People will express their appreciation for individual models (or disappointment in some cases) anyway, and I just don't personally feel that any individual manufacturer justifies (or even needs) their own "appreciation" thread. That is not to wish to denigrate anything that Revolution has achieved, nor their contribution to the hobby, it is simply the case that they shouldn't need it, their models will largely speak for themselves.

My own experience of Revolution is more limited than others because of the era that I model, but I have bought examples of all model produced that fits it. Like other manufacturers, things have not been perfect in every case, but yes, they are innovators who do always try to "lift the bar".

I have so far had: -

- 12 x Class B Tanks from the original release which looked very good but contained far too much weight rendering them pretty much unusable as a rake as intended.
- 6 x Sturgeons that look exquisite but have a propensity to uncouple without being asked!
- 3 x Cemflo - I believe produced in conjunction with Accurascale - absolutely beautiful models.
- 4 x Class A Tanks - lovely models.
- 4 x Class B Tanks - later batch, with weight issue addressed - lovely models.
- 2 x Borail Wagons - again exquisite - no issues.

- 1 x Class 128 - Looks lovely and runs well but some (included me) reported issues with the speaker fitted when using a Zimo sound decoder - crackling and distortion, the speaker had been fitted to the chassis with no resonance chamber, sound "escaped" through holes in the bottom of the chassis.

My point is that I could do the same assessment for my Bachmann, Dapol and Rapido models and the outcome would be the same - mostly very good but not everything completely free from issues.

As to not posting on this thread unless "appreciating" Revolution models, I don't think that's how this forum works, as long as people abide by Group rules they should be free to post any observation they have on the subject matter, or even disagree that such a thread is necessary at all, as long as it is done respectfully.

Bealman

Their parcels unit is one of my favourite models. Seen here underneath the horribly overscale signals on the Beal & Castle Eden.

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

njee20

Quote from: GWR_XC on Today at 04:09:39 AM@njee20

Nice, the wcml has some much modern N gauge stock it's a brilliant era to do

It's funny actually - revolution trains are the reason why I started taking a stronger interest in the wcml myself

And that's a fair point about the class 66s, when you say the newer dapol one do you mean next18 dcc version?

The brand new model - came out about 6 weeks ago. They are Next 18, but so were the older tooling for the last 5 years or so, so that's not an identifier as such.

GWR_XC

@Newportnobby thanks I'll check that link out

@Bealman Nice, signals look ok

@njee20 ah I see, I wouldn't have any of the newer dapol 66s in that case - it is certainly good to hear they are running well, I shall have a look and purchase one if they have the livery I'm looking for. Just out of interest - is there a method to help identify if it's the latest model? Cheers

@Roy L S

Of course your entitled to your opinion.

Going by your logic tho - nothing would need it's own thread

Generally if I don't feel a thread is relevant - then I simply wouldn't post in it - but each to there own I guess

And I did not create this to cause any divide or issues so I do apologize if it comes across that way

And your quite right appreciation threads can be given to other manufacturers dapol & Graham farish are both great - I especially like dapol as they have a factory in Wales and still build some of there models there

But as I have said the reasons I created the thread - all things considered - revolution do an incredible job and this being an N gauge forum I thought there may be other enthusiasts who appreciate revolution models and can discuss it

This is nothing against any other manufacturer - I want them all to succeed and everyone to appreciate them all. My apologies if I have caused any offense.

Suffolk Rob

It's an interesting discussion and, like most, I have models I'm very pleased with from all manufacturers. I don't think there's a "poor" manufacturer in N and I appreciate that this isn't what the OP is suggesting either.

As for best models, we all determine that in our own way considering a range of factors including the prototype. For example my " best" locos are the Dapol 26. Yes a 20 year old model now not to the standard of newer releases, more than a few QC issues in its time, no sound provision, but it happens to be my favorite prototype hence it will always rank as a favorite.

When looking at the merits of the various companies, what makes the difference to me is not what goes right, but how they respond when things aren't quite right. I have had the odd minor problem with 2 or 3 Revolution models, but each time they have sorted them for me quickly and easily. That, more than anything, is why I hold them in high regard.

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £12.34
Below Goal: £87.66
Site Currency: GBP
 12%
October Donations