RevolutioN trains appreciation thread

Started by GWR_XC, Today at 10:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will_J, Suffolk Rob and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

GWR_XC

Hello all

(Little bit of context first - I did make a similar thread the other day but was not happy with it so deleted to make way for this one)

Hopefully everyone can contribute to this thread and show some appreciation to revolution trains

As generally we are quick to complain when something isn't right, but when things are great its not often people show there appreciation - hence wanting to create this thread


I genuinely think revolution trains deserve much more recognition as there models are best in class - absolutely incredible models

For the price of the models and the quality we are getting - in my opinion I actually think it's very good value

Sure, I have had a rare minor issue which can happen but the team over at revolution have always tried to help put it right

We as N gauge modellers are fortunate to have a company who produce such high quality unique models - never did I think a pendo or the upcoming electrostar would come to n gauge for example

And one of the things I really love is the packaging - it really gives off the vibe of a premium high quality model and has info & history - really love this kind of thing (in a strange way reminds me of the good old days of video games in the 1990s - where you would get a big box as packaging then a big booklet with lots of info - it's awesome)

Plus would like to give a massive shoutout to Ben from revolution trains - he has been fantastic always tries to help and support where possible along with his company & other staff - without question they are a massive credit to the industry

I absolutely love there models - for me they deserve the original Graham farish line "masterpieces in miniature"

Onto my own collection - I have a few models - some of which are sound fitted, but mostly are dc

I do have some biomass wagons somewhere just cannot locate them at the moment my recent purchases

two 1938 stock tube sets - which are wonderful models.

The class 321 London Midland EMU is my favorite model - this one has been lightly weatherd and had some passengers fitted and is also dcc sound - I purchased it like that from a guy who has a layout which is on YouTube called great dalten - I think that's what it's called - it's a spectacular model.




Some more














Looking forward to future models especially the electrostars & the recently announced class 37

Hopefully other forum members can show there revolution models and appreciation by adding to this thread as well





RailGooner

I show my appreciation by making repeat purchases.  :P

GWR_XC

Quote from: RailGooner on Today at 02:50:07 PMI show my appreciation by making repeat purchases.  :P

Yup obviously that's the best way to support them.



njee20


Roy L S

Speaking for myself, I think we should show equal appreciation for all manufacturers who produce our N Gauge models, I wouldn't personally wish to single out just one.

GWR_XC

Quote from: Roy L S on Today at 04:04:53 PMSpeaking for myself, I think we should show equal appreciation for all manufacturers who produce our N Gauge models, I wouldn't personally wish to single out just one.

And that's absolutely fine, I too like other manufacturers and agree, however I think revolution trains are more unique and in my opinion - I think they are the best thing to happen to N gauge since the original Graham farish

Also unless I have this wrong, revolution trains journey so far - going from two enthusiasts of the hobby and built up a company which competes with dapol & Bachmann and offers best in class models is remarkable really

Therefore I think the appreciation of revolution trains is fully deserved

@njee20 how many do you have?

njee20

#6
A quick check of the stock sheet suggests...

- 11 Pendolinos
- 15 92s
- 12 66s
- 3 59s
- 18 TEAs
- 13 Drax IIAs
- 9 KFAs
- 28 IPAs
- Caroline
- 16 mk5 sleepers
- 4 sets of WIAs
- 12 IWAs
- 6 FWAs

More than some, and no doubt less than others!

I agree they've definitely moved the dial in N, and their genesis as a couple of enthusiasts crowdfunding a Pendolino, to a company competing with the 'big boys' on mainstream models is very impressive. I've been quite vocal about some of the frustrations generally relating to running qualities, but I think the hobby is immeasurably better for their presence.

Newportnobby

I started all those years ago by ordering a Poppylino (11 coach DCC sound fitted), not because it fitted my DC transition era layouts, but because I wanted to help Revolution succeed in becoming a supplier of N gauge models. Since then I have stuck with them and now have:-

Class 128s
Tube stock (3 and 4 car sets)
Class A tanks
Class B tanks
Cemflos
Sturgeons
BoRails

I have 2 packs of K type Pullman coaches on order and will order a class 120, HJO/HJV hoppers and a class 37 when the order books open.
I am quite prepared to pay 50% up front to get the benefit of early bird savings but will not pay in full up front.

Quality wise I'd say they are slightly better than some offerings from Bachmann and Dapol but they pick their fights very carefully e.g. they have never, and I don't think will ever, offer any steam locos. They know their forte. The only issue I've had, as everyone has, is the class B tanks contain too much weight and it's not easy to open them up to remove some.
Having seen Nick's list above I have a paltry amount

Roy L S

#8
Quote from: GWR_XC on Today at 06:32:23 PM
Quote from: Roy L S on Today at 04:04:53 PMSpeaking for myself, I think we should show equal appreciation for all manufacturers who produce our N Gauge models, I wouldn't personally wish to single out just one.

And that's absolutely fine, I too like other manufacturers and agree, however I think revolution trains are more unique and in my opinion - I think they are the best thing to happen to N gauge since the original Graham farish

Also unless I have this wrong, revolution trains journey so far - going from two enthusiasts of the hobby and built up a company which competes with dapol & Bachmann and offers best in class models is remarkable really

Therefore I think the appreciation of revolution trains is fully deserved

@njee20 how many do you have?

Respectfully just the same argument can be made for Bachmann who took over the original Farish Poole operation and have since grown their portfolio into by far the biggest range in British N there is, covering steam diesel and electric, and arguably of equally good quality..

"Best in Class" is subjective and I would respectfully disagree that it is necessarily always the case, for example Revolution do not make any steam locos and very little transition era stock so there is in many cases no comparison to even make.

So, much admiration as I do have for Revolution and their achievements to date and acknowledge some of their innovations that have definitely had a positive impact on N, that has also been true of other manufacturers at various times,  so I have to disagree that there is any special case to make.

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £12.34
Below Goal: £87.66
Site Currency: GBP
 12%
October Donations