Proses Programmable Train Elevator

Started by KiwiAlan, Today at 08:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

honestjudge, robt857 and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

KiwiAlan

I spotted Proses' new programmable train elevator for N scale and wondered what other members think of it.

On paper it looks quite attractive – up to 24 trains stored in a relatively small footprint, touchscreen control, programmable positions, and direct connection to the layout.

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1KHHZrmfUi/?mibextid=wwXIfr

However, it also reminds me a little of the old Nelevator concept. From what I recall, Nelevator generated a lot of interest but ultimately disappeared, with a number of modellers reportedly losing deposits when the business failed.

I'm therefore interested in hearing views from those who have experience with:

  • Proses products generally
  • The quality and reliability of their engineering
  • Customer service and after-sales support
  • Whether anyone has seen one of these elevators operating in the flesh

A few questions that come to mind:

  • How precise is the track alignment likely to be over time?
  • What happens if power is interrupted while the lift is moving?
  • Does anyone know what sort of indexing/position feedback system it uses?
  • Would you trust it with a collection of expensive N gauge stock?
  • Given the Nelevator experience, would you be comfortable placing a deposit on a product like this before there are a reasonable number in service?

I'm not trying to be negative, it's an innovative concept and could be a great space-saving solution, but I'd be keen to hear both positive and cautionary views before considering one.

ntpntpntp

As it's not available yet nobody except Proses can answer the specific questions and who knows about long-term reliability?

Proses seem to come up with a lot of products, some seem to be good ideas.  I've not used any of their offerings myself.
Nick.   2026 celebrating the 30th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £135.67
Above Goal: £35.67
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
September Donations