There's lots of locomotives still didn't released for n gauge...

Started by Le Night ferry, July 07, 2023, 04:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crepello

I think a V2 would be the best commercial choice for Farish.

crewearpley40

First generation dmu

101, 108, 121 have been released. 117 be cool. Ist generation emu like 304, 310

Adam1701D

I would to add my voice for a decent Class 25/3 in N. This is probably one of the largest gaps in the diesel fleet, now that Rapido are doing a Peak.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

tonetastic

I agree with many of the above comments.

My personal choice - one which i am always bugging the main players about is the Princess Royal class.

A chap from Farish once told me that it wasn't likely as it was a small class. When i said that Farish had produced the prototype Deltic, he got busy with something else :-\

When you think of it, Farish could conceivably sell 12 Princess Royal locos to each interested party, as opposed to just 1 Deltic.

Sorry,  just my twopeneth worth.

Also - how about some variation to the Coronation class? Continuous footplate, flattened smokebox, the last two?

Tony

Dorsetmike

No response from Farish nor Dapol to my email of July 11 re lack of Southern 4-6-0s, why am I not surprised?
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Adam1701D

Quote from: Dorsetmike on July 24, 2023, 11:56:59 AMNo response from Farish nor Dapol to my email of July 11 re lack of Southern 4-6-0s, why am I not surprised?
Hi Mike - I shall chase this up. We do have quite long a list of unannounced N Gauge models that are either in early stages of development or in the queue but cannot confirm any more details.   
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Le Night ferry

Quote from: Alcazar on July 22, 2023, 10:41:36 AMRegarding Ex-LNER, a J11 and/or O4/1 would be the obvious choice, as Bachmann already do them in OO. Personally I would like to see a B16 of some description and an N1. A Farish V2 with better pulling powers would also be nice (although mine has got a little better with time).

Peter

Farish's tender driven locos are very weak to haul coaches.
Should I attach weight to tender?

martyn

Quote from: Le Night ferry on July 24, 2023, 12:45:49 PM
Quote from: Alcazar on July 22, 2023, 10:41:36 AMRegarding Ex-LNER, a J11 and/or O4/1 would be the obvious choice, as Bachmann already do them in OO. Personally I would like to see a B16 of some description and an N1. A Farish V2 with better pulling powers would also be nice (although mine has got a little better with time).

Peter

Have you fitted the second set of axle/wheels with the traction tyres on them?

All mine have two sets of axles/wheels with tyres, and they can haul 8 coaches or about 25-30 4 wheel wagons.

Martyn

eddief83

For all those asking for Southern 4-6-0's does Dapol or Bachmann do them in OO? This is not a bashing of Southern as I do like their locos and would love a King Arthur or a Nelson for my layout. I can only think of the King Arhur, S15 and Nelson available in OO for Southern 4-6-0's and all these are in the Hornby range

What I am thinking is that does either manufacturer have the research they can use for the N gauge version, this helps reduce development time and cost, but I am struggling for one from either.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Le Night ferry on July 24, 2023, 12:45:49 PMFarish's tender driven locos are very weak to haul coaches.

Not suffered this at all, although I have no gradients on my layout.
I'd be happy to see a retooled V2, too, as the old one doesn't really cut it.
An unrebuilt 'Patriot' would be a nice addition to my steam fleet :drool:

Le Night ferry

Quote from: martyn on July 24, 2023, 01:46:57 PM

Peter

All mine have two sets of axles/wheels with tyres, and they can haul 8 coaches or about 25-30 4 wheel wagons.

Martyn
Quote from: martyn on July 24, 2023, 01:46:57 PM

Peter

Martyn
Gonna try it
Inshould buy spares...

Le Night ferry

Quote from: eddief83 on July 24, 2023, 01:55:17 PMFor all those asking for Southern 4-6-0's does Dapol or Bachmann do them in OO? This is not a bashing of Southern as I do like their locos and would love a King Arthur or a Nelson for my layout. I can only think of the King Arhur, S15 and Nelson available in OO for Southern 4-6-0's and all these are in the Hornby range

What I am thinking is that does either manufacturer have the research they can use for the N gauge version, this helps reduce development time and cost, but I am struggling for one from either.
Always thinking what if Hornby and Jouef make n gauge...
Please more SNCF steamers-hard to find fine rivarossi 231!

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%