!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Kitbash a Card Kit  (Read 9205 times)

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: Kitbash a Card Kit
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2018, 03:00:43 PM »
As I wanted a Royal Mail depot on my layout, I bought two Metcalfe PN185 Industrial Units.  The depot was to fit between a road and some goods sidings. The unit when constructed has a roller door, entrance door and windows on the front wall, but the rear wall is just that - a wall! So if the front of the unit faced the road, there woudl be no access from the sidings, if the front faced the sidings, there would be no access from the road.  :hmmm:. What I have done is copy the exact measurements from the roller door at the front and made an identical opening at the rear, opposite the front roller door, that way, my Royal Mail vehicles can drive through from front to back and vicky vercky.  :). I then decided that the space could allow for a bigger unit, so I bought two more kits. I have now joined all four together but 'reversed' two of the kits, so the unit is now 12 inches in length - nearly 155 feet in real money. I also put an internal door into the unit. Other slight amendments were required, like trimming the roofs to fit and the white window frames were painted red. I have also added internal lights and external Royal Mail signs. I have some photo's, but can not add them to the post until the gallery is up and running again.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline dannyboy

• Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2018, 09:46:24 PM »
Further to the above and the discussion on 'Server Upgrade' topic, I have been doing some experimenting, (whilst not a 'numpty' round computers, I have not done much photo' editing - spreadsheets are my thing), I managed to resize one of the photo's and this is the result -

It seems to have worked okay, ( :thumbsup:), so, providing I can remember what to do, I will upload the other pictures of the depot tomorrow.

For info - @Tank @Only Me @mk1gtstu and everyone else who has helped!
David.

Offline dannyboy

• Awards
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2018, 07:41:46 PM »
More pictures of the Royal Mail depot -

As is usual, the camera is being cruel and there are a few things that need touching up, but, all in all, I am quite pleased with my first serious attempt at 'kit bashing'.

David.

Offline Railwaygun

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21889
  • Keen on Military Rail, Kato Unitrack, & Z21/DCC
    • Railwaygun, Armoured train and Military Railway group
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2018, 03:35:34 AM »
Armada models offer several free to download models, in 1/150?

In total, six models were produced and each is detailed on its own web page as follows: St Thomas' Church, Seaforth House, Seaforth Sands Railway Station. The web pages detailing Seaforth Police Station and the Stella Picture House have free kits to download and print out on a conventional printer. The web page describing the Sandy Road Lamp has a free 'STL' model to download and print out on a 3D-printer.

http://www.amdl.co.uk/armadamodels/seaglam/seaglam_amdl.htm
This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!
https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/350436414753212039/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £55.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP