Lock down 2:- Project Stowford 009

Started by Ditape, November 04, 2020, 08:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ditape

Stowford Day10, Lockdown Day 10:- The Switches have arrived so it is back to the right hand board today to fit the micro switches to the points for frog switching and the mini-toggle switches for the feed/isolation of track sections. The wires have been breeding and there are more to come.

Diane Tape

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Ditape

Stowford Day 11, Lockdown Day 11, The wiring on the right hand board is now complete other than the interconnecting plug which has yet to arrive. So back to the centre board and track laying later.

Diane Tape

Ditape

Stowford Day12, Lock Down Day12, Track laying on the middle board is now complete, The Permanent Way Gang have been busy.

Diane Tape

Ditape

Stowford, Day 13 , Lockdown Day 13:- All the track has now been laid, it is over to the electro-mechanical engineering dept. to add the power network and the point operating systems to the middle and left-hand boards.

Diane Tape

mika

Great project, Di.
I like the trackplan.
Looking forward to seeing this develop.

Best,
Michael

Ditape

Stowford day 14, Lockdown day14, After much fiddling and tweaking I eventually got the Peco manual uncoupler to work remotely.

Diane Tape

Ditape

Stowford Day 15, Lockdown Day 16. The mechanical point and uncoupler workings have been fitted and tested using my KISS version of wire in tube. The electrical fitters will be along shortly to do the wiring.

Diane Tape

Ditape

Stowford, Lockdown day 18. I have completed the wiring on the right hand board and allowed the permanent way gang give ballasting a go. Work starts on the middle board later.

Diane Tape

Ditape

Stowford, Lockdown day 19, The mechanical point operating system has been installed for the 3 points on the centre board.

Diane Tape

Ditape

Stowford. Lockdown day 21, The wiring on the centre board for the control has been completed and provision has been made to add a lighting circuit later.

Diane Tape

Ditape

Diane Tape

TrevL

Brilliant, excellent choice of music too.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Ditape

I have built the first building for Stowford, The station building/HQ for the Stowford &  Barnstaple Line.

Diane Tape

Ditape

I have been working on more buildings for Stowford over the weekend, these are intended to be used as part of the scenic break/back drop to hide the fiddle yard at the left hand end of the layout.

Diane Tape

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%