!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Inkjet printers  (Read 620 times)

Offline TrevL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26716
    • Awards
Re: Inkjet printers
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2020, 03:12:00 PM »
I'm using an HP Envy5530 printer/copier/scanner, (after being a commited Epson fan, due to being able to use cheap ink cartridges) was pleasently suprised at how much better it is than the epsons I've had.
Ink is not an issue, I've subscibed to their instant ink system. I pay 1.99 a month for 50 pages, and if I don't use them all, they roll over.  The printer communes with HP when it needs more ink, and the new cartridge(s) just drops though the letterbox with no intervention from me. Like it a lot.
https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en/l/?gclid=CjwKCAiAnIT9BRAmEiwANaoE1SJben2tYeX61aZUqTXbByuvAeCsyvpyAq2JgbB1R7bkTAslzsSRkBoCbRwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 03:17:11 PM by TrevL »
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Online lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2020, 10:51:28 PM »
Yes my recent HP Printer is a Envy5540, I have not bothered enabling auto ink order though but I buy genuine online cheap enough.
Lil Chris
My new layout here, Irwell Valley Railway. https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47127.0

my old layout was East Lancashire Lines.

Offline Papyrus

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 3333
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2020, 04:00:41 PM »
Update

Thanks once again for the very interesting discussion. I'm here to tell you that I have joined the ranks of the laser converts! It occurred to me that the one part of the old Canon that was still working properly was the scanner, so I could save a considerable amount of money by going for a simple printer. As @lil chris says, the prices seem to have come down a lot, so I bought a Brother colour laser for what I consider to be a very reasonable price. Setting it up was relatively easy and I test printed a photo on to ordinary paper and I was very pleasantly surprised by how good the quality was. A good investment, I hope.

Cheers,

Chris
"What after all, is a halo? It's only one more thing to keep clean." Christopher Fry - The Lady's Not for Burning

Online lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2020, 04:24:05 PM »
A tip for you with the Laser printer, we used to use the Brother Laser  printers where I worked. When it tells you it is running out, remove the cartridge and give it a shake, it is surprising how long it will last for doing that, mind the ones we used were not colour.
Lil Chris
My new layout here, Irwell Valley Railway. https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47127.0

my old layout was East Lancashire Lines.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £94.50
Above Goal: £34.50
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
November Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal