!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Finding Fleischmann SBB Driving Trailers.... (890182)  (Read 318 times)

Offline Brandon_5

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Finding Fleischmann SBB Driving Trailers.... (890182)
« on: August 17, 2020, 09:10:05 PM »
Hello!

I was wondering if I could query the collective knowledge of the forum on locating seemingly rare passenger cars..

I'm keen on adding a SBB driving trailer to my fleet..but it does appear that they are few and far between. I am aware that NscaleCH has one currently in the new livery (Fleishmann 890185) for £95...but I would really love to have one in the previous green livery to go with my other two green coaches. This of course being Fleishmann 890182 as seen here... -> https://www.fleischmann.de/de/product/161194-890182-0-0-0-0-0-003002/products.html

From what I can gather, a run was done in 2012. And never again? Can't seem to find any for sale anywhere online, British retailers, German, Swiss etc. The one on NScaleCH seems to me to be one of very few for sale at the moment. Also, is 95 pounds a standard/reasonable price? I cant quite seem to find what the original price was.

Does anyone have any insights on these cars? Did they just make so few that those that got a hold of them keep them locked away?!  ;D

Thanks!

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
Re: Finding Fleischmann SBB Driving Trailers.... (890182)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 09:20:11 PM »
I don't think as many of these will have been made as the standard coaches. As you say the production run was 2012, so you've missed the boat with regard to there being new stock items in shops.

Really it will be a case of watching ebay and googling from time to time to see if something turns up in a shop in Germany or Switzerland.

£95 would be too rich for me, but does that include a DCC decoder?  I struggle as it is with justifying the current prices for coaches, and the driving trailers have always been significantly more expensive.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Offline swisstrains

• My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 09:33:56 PM »
Hi Brandon. I didn't realise that these driving trailers were so hard to find.
The price that NscaleCH are asking is pretty steep. When they were last available the price was about £70. The newer liveried version has been available either with or without interior lighting as standard so that will affect the price. I'm not sure about the green/grey version but I think it was only available with interior lighting as standard. I will carry on looking for you.
John

Offline Brandon_5

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 10:22:35 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys. Good to know about the prices, thanks. Im not sure if the NscaleCH example has lighting, no details are given on the listing. It possibly could have the DCC decoder which may account for the price. If you do happen to come across one I would love to hear about it!

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 10:29:12 PM »
Hello!

I was wondering if I could query the collective knowledge of the forum on locating seemingly rare passenger cars..

I'm keen on adding a SBB driving trailer to my fleet..but it does appear that they are few and far between. I am aware that NscaleCH has one currently in the new livery (Fleishmann 890185) for £95...but I would really love to have one in the previous green livery to go with my other two green coaches. This of course being Fleishmann 890182 as seen here... -> https://www.fleischmann.de/de/product/161194-890182-0-0-0-0-0-003002/products.html

From what I can gather, a run was done in 2012. And never again? Can't seem to find any for sale anywhere online, British retailers, German, Swiss etc. The one on NScaleCH seems to me to be one of very few for sale at the moment. Also, is 95 pounds a standard/reasonable price? I cant quite seem to find what the original price was.

Does anyone have any insights on these cars? Did they just make so few that those that got a hold of them keep them locked away?!  ;D

Thanks!

I've completely given up on N driving trailers for SBB, it's probably cheaper to buy the real 1:1 thing!!!!! :D

Offline swisstrains

• My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 09:04:54 AM »
.................... It possibly could have the DCC decoder which may account for the price. ................................

All versions are fitted with a DCC decoder although on one of mine it has only ever worked on DC. ???
John

Offline Brandon_5

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2020, 12:22:14 PM »
It definitely feels that way!! Before Covid hit I had hoped to travel to one or more N scale shows around Europe in hopes of finding one. Perhaps it will take a while.

Offline Gizzy

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2020, 01:18:30 PM »
It definitely feels that way!! Before Covid hit I had hoped to travel to one or more N scale shows around Europe in hopes of finding one. Perhaps it will take a while.
If you can find more than one Brandon, then I'd be willing to buy the other from you....  :thumbsup:
Gizzy

Gentleman, scholar, railway modeller....

Offline Brandon_5

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 02:09:30 PM »
I'll keep you all in mind. Perhaps we can have a raffle  ;D

Offline Gordon

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2020, 01:19:41 AM »
Don't forget you can mix and match 'green' and 'white' SBB liveries:

quicker to give you a link than load up my own photos
eg:

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/car/EW_IV/Bt/black-white/misc/Bt-IC_InterlakenOst_10-08-05.jpg

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/car/EW_IV/Bt/black-white/Pfaeffikon_SZ/11920025.jpg

It actually looks like a blue BLS EWIV at the front in this shot but the rest are SBB green I think

There are several more in the same section of Railfaneurope - although that site lists them incorrectly as EWIV

« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 01:24:03 AM by Gordon »
Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Offline cornish trains jez

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2020, 05:07:31 PM »
Hi,

There’s one here on eBay. Not quite the livery you want but it does get you one. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353198927360

Best regards,

Jeremy

Offline Brandon_5

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2020, 08:38:24 PM »
Don't forget you can mix and match 'green' and 'white' SBB liveries:

quicker to give you a link than load up my own photos
eg:

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/car/EW_IV/Bt/black-white/misc/Bt-IC_InterlakenOst_10-08-05.jpg

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ch/SBB_CFF_FFS/car/EW_IV/Bt/black-white/Pfaeffikon_SZ/11920025.jpg

It actually looks like a blue BLS EWIV at the front in this shot but the rest are SBB green I think

There are several more in the same section of Railfaneurope - although that site lists them incorrectly as EWIV

That's very interesting! I hadn't considered mixing stock, but clearly that's no problem. Thanks for the link Jeremy, sadly I just missed that auction  :(

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £71.00
Above Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
September Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal