!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Up on the Roof  (Read 158 times)

Offline cycletrak9

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Up on the Roof
« on: July 29, 2020, 07:53:16 AM »
For a while now I've been using Noch ABS tiling sheets for some of my roofs. the sheets in question are 55770 and 55772 and come ready painted and with basic weathering that doesn't need too much work to improve it. I've not yet run out but checking the usual suppliers [Hattons, Gaugemaster etc] they are no longer listed in N gauge. A check on the Noch website seems to suggest that they are no longer available. Has anyone any information on this and, if they have been discontinued is there a similar product which will do the same job. I'm aware of York Modelmaking and I'm already using their self-adhesive tiles but they don't currently make a pantile nor do they have the same level of detailing as the Noch products.
Hs anybody tried the Redutax range as this may offer the detail I need.

On a separate but related issue I'm trying to replicate the half round ridge tiles found on buildings with pantiled roofs. Any suggestions?

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
Re: Up on the Roof
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 11:31:10 AM »
For half-round ridge tiles I've used plastic or brass tube cut or filed in half and suitably painted to match the roof tiles.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Offline cycletrak9

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 03:00:57 PM »
Thank ntp _ I'd thought of that one using the innards of baby buds. Trouble is that they don't want to stay still and be cut in half but I'll persevere

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 06:52:20 PM »
@cycletrak9  Filing away half the tube is easier than trying to cut it in half.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Offline cycletrak9

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 09:10:43 PM »
I've used a new scalpel blade and managed to tame the little perishers. They are a bit thin to file but if you take it steady it seems to work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £60.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
August Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal