!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Updating the Hobbytrain Taurus chassis  (Read 199 times)

Offline Les1952

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9060
    • Awards
Updating the Hobbytrain Taurus chassis
« on: July 17, 2020, 10:22:44 AM »
I've a couple of 2008 vintage Hobbytrain Taurus models that I want to update.

According to the information on the Hobbytrain Taurus page of https://www.spur-n-datenbank.de/ the chassis was upgraded in 2010 with a new chassis with a 6-pin decoder socket, and again in 2017 with a next18 decoder socket and a space for a speaker.

When the 2010 upgrade was done the top of the chassis was lengthened and the interior mouldings of the cab shortened accordingly.  This means a body from 2010 onwards will fit a pre-2010 chassis but not the other way round.

Hobbytrain produced a circuit board with a 6-pin interface to upgrade earlier Tauri to DCC.  The part number is H2700-3 (or it might be 4 separate numbers H2700 to H2703- I'm relying on Google translate on the website.   

My question is- does anyone know where I can get these boards from ten years after they were listed?

All the very best
Les

Offline Hiawatha

• Awards
Re: Updating the Hobbytrain Taurus chassis
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 11:10:08 AM »
The part number is H2700-3 (or it might be 4 separate numbers H2700 to H2703- I'm relying on Google translate on the website.

According to the parts list the part number is H2700-3R (that’s one number, not -00 to -03)

http://www.lemkecollection.de/de/file?dl_media=4790
(PDF download from https://www.lemkecollection.de/de/downloads?cat_id=48 – that’s the 2012 version)

There is also a modification set (“Taurus Upgrade Set complete”) H2700-18 listed which includes H2700-3R, -4R, -6R, -11R and -17R. (Quite costly though at €48.)
Are you sure that you only need part -3R?

After eight years, I am not convinced that this is still available, but you could email Lemke directly and ask if they have some left. (I don’t have looked if Lemke ships directly or if a spare parts order has to be made through a dealer.)
Peter

Offline Les1952

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 06:39:45 PM »
I emailed Lemke this morning and am waiting a reply.

Many thanks for the info.

Les

Offline Les1952

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 10:44:58 PM »
Update

Lemke do a board, but have only a very few left in stock.  It replaces the board on the top of the chassis, rather like the big Atlas decoder boards that go into US locos.

They do sell direct and accept PayPal as well as IBan.

I now have one, having sold the other chassis, but the degree of dismantling to fit it is rather more than with Atlas, Intermountain etc so i may just sell the other chassis with or without a body and keep the board for a DC only Taurus I really want...

Les
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 10:46:15 PM by Les1952 »

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £71.00
Above Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
September Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal