!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Model shops re-opening  (Read 442 times)

Offline Chris Morris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ridgacre Branch & Little Aller Junction
    • Awards
Model shops re-opening
« on: June 15, 2020, 08:08:06 PM »
It's good to get hear that many model shops are reopening. One of the three near me (Tennents Trains) has opened but I haven't visited yet.

These shops being closed has cost me a fortune. How can this be? Well I've needed to buy scenic items and I'm not going to pay £4 postage on one bag of ballast so I've always added something to make the postage worthwhile......

All of these are a little addition to a bag of scenics.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 08:11:22 PM by Chris Morris »
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: Model shops re-opening
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 08:57:09 PM »
Oh, ye of little willpower. You should be like @lil chris who gets his local emporium owner to deliver to him. (Mind you - I still reckon Chris has some filthy pics of him or something like)

Online lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 09:51:22 PM »
Well I got my delivery this afternoon. I had actually been to the shop ( The Loco Shed) but there was a queue, I would have waited for a while, he was only letting two people in the shop at a time. The trouble was I had a parcel coming which I knew was heavy and the wife would not be able to lift it, they leave parcels outside your door, so I went back home and then rung up the shop. When he came to my house he was telling me how some idiots walked past the queue and went straight into the shop as if it was normal,you can't win. The bonus is he has told me he is opening 7 days a week but 10.00am -2.00pm.I would imagine he needs to do that to make up for lost sales over the last three months. I am trying now to support my local shop has much as possible.
Lil Chris
My new layout here, Irwell Valley Railway. https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47127.0

my old layout was East Lancashire Lines.

Offline Tonye

• N Gauge Society Number: 11231
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 09:32:52 AM »
 :hellosign: Chris, I think I remember you from the Marks Tey N gauge show May 2019?. The 37 , Is that a Kernow special. You certainly spent a few pounds.

Tony 
Tonye

Offline Chris Morris

• Ridgacre Branch & Little Aller Junction
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 10:07:29 AM »
Yes it is a Kernow special. I like the front but the lizard BR emblem doesn't show up so well. I guess that's because it just can't show up well in N. I bought that because I needed some more ballast and Kernow was the only place I could find it. The most expensive bag of ballast ever!
I've always been find of this loco and "Rusty's Cornish kingdom", it was an interesting little aside in the BR blue days. Although William Cookworthy was kept mainly in Cornwall I'm sure it would have ventured as far as Exeter on freight workings. It was also popular on special excursions at the time so would almost certainly have passed through Dawlish Warren on a passenger train or two.

The clay hoods would have been very rare in DW, maybe they are coming back from repair. They were a Christmas present and I plan to run them without the hoods when running "properly".

Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Online east anglian

• N Gauge Society Number: 15731
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 04:19:13 PM »
I    am   now   purchasing   a   lot   of   my  N  Gauge    modelling   material   from   Gaugemaster   who    on    some   things   offer    free   postage   and      it     arrives    by    courier   within    a    couple    of    days,

Offline Pete @ EGLM

• N Gauge Society Number: 7447
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 11:18:09 PM »
Kernow’s Guildford shop is open, I went on Saturday.  The two guys working in the shop were wearing face shields and there was no queue.  The wife waited outside.......

Offline Buffin

• N Gauge Society Number: 27205
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2020, 09:08:00 AM »
The wife waited outside.......

For how long?

Online captainelectra

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+7)
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Electra Rail
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2020, 04:55:59 PM »
Trains4U in Peterborough are now open again, with a maximum of 8 customers inside at any one time. Happy days :-)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Electra Rail
Peterborough, UK
http://www.electrarail.co.uk
Flick Site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/27017199@N07/

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP