!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: SL-394 conectivity ?  (Read 36 times)

Offline fastmoggy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
SL-394 conectivity ?
« on: May 23, 2020, 04:46:59 PM »
Hi, im making a double junction using 2 electrofrog SL-E389's and the SL-394 long crossing which is an insulfrog. I bought the crossing as I thought there wouldn't be any complications with it being an insulfrog  But on reading the instructions it mentions avoiding short circuits  ???, Something I wasn't expecting. It mentions that older loco's sometimes can cause momentary short circuits :'( with wheels bridging the isolated gap!. I run dapol 9f's ( be interesting to see the pony trucks go over that!) which has pickups on wheels and tender so a possible fail? So, just wondering if anyone has had an issue like this using the points and crossing? Id rather get it right first time and not have to call in the track team to rip it all up :doh:
There is a illustration on how to wire it up using insulated rail joiners and wiring which id of thought would be for the electrofrog diamond crossing so not a problem, just going to add more spaghetti under the board  :D

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal