Windmill Hill photobook, new photos of my micro-layout in a case.

Started by Phoenix, May 02, 2020, 09:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoenix

Hi All,

Sorry not to have put any photos up for a while, as I've been a bit busy with other stuff, but here we go with some on the platform and around the station  :D

Thank you Stonecold .... so glad you like what I have done  :thumbsup:

That covers the whole length of the platform, which is just long enough for a 64xx and autocoach.

Here are some of the level crossing and a few goings on around the station.....

Hope you like the photos. The lamp post under which the couple are canoodling is the closest scale match I could find, as most N scale lamps seem so overscale. (It is from rail room electronics)

The postman who has dropped all the post, and his colleague are from preisser.

All best wishes

Kevin

:beers:

PS.  We know George is not involved in the canoodling..... we need to know who they are  :D :D :D

port perran

I think the postman's colleague should be helping him to gather up the post rather than taking a selfie  :D
And that lady walking towards the canoodling (great word) looks as those she's going to give a loud tut tut as she passes by.

Great work Kevin.
You are certainly the master of posing little figures into cameo scenes.

I'm sure I'll get used to cream first soon.

Phoenix

Cheers Martin,

Hope all is well down your way  :D

The way the postie is holding his hat does look like he's taking a selfie ...... if they were heard of back in the layouts day  :D :D :D

all best wishes

Kevin

crewearpley40

Kevin
Hope your well. Certainly those scenes have been brought to life in those photos. Chris

weave

Hi Kevin,

Fantastic detail  :thumbsup:. I could never achieve that  :(.

Great stuff.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

PS. As for the canoodling girl, it could be well be Karen (surname withheld) or, because of the era modelled, her mother. Former neighbours of mine and I recognise the style of clothes and the style of attack (by both). Oh yes  :D.

and, before you ask, NO, I am NOT the guy  :no:

Jonner

Hi Kevin.

I can honestly say I have not seen so much detail in such a compact space, the footprint dimensions only marginally larger
than the PC monitor I am viewing it on. Great modelling.

Cheers, John

Phoenix

Hi all,

Glad you are liking the pics so far, here are the latest  :D

I re posed this little emergency to get a better photo. When I set it up before, there was no broken fence, so although I realise cows can jump over moons, I'm not sure about railway fences, so I broke the fence.

Not a problem, as I needed to replace it anyway as one particular wagon was catching on it. I should have tested all wagons before fixing it down  :doh:

Next we go up a level to the pub  :claphappy: sadly the only one we can visit at the moment  :(

The pub was kit bashed from this kit made by Severn models ....

Here we have a family in the garden photographing the Dapol Terrier as it passes by

Hope you like these photos, and thanks for your comments John, I wrote a list of everything I wanted to fit in, and surprised my self how it all worked out  :D

Also thanks Weave for your comments. Always good to hear from you ..... you must introduce me to Karen. ;) :thumbsup: ;)  Is she a canoodler, or canoodlee  :D :D :D

Hope your recovery is going well, I will drink to your health later with the happy apple juice  :beers: :beers: :beers:

All best wishes

Kevin

port perran

Kevin, I'm always transfixed by your modelling and subsequent photographs but that fourth picture (Including the windmill) is a masterpiece.
I'd love to be sitting in that pub garden with a pint (or two).
Instead, I'll celebrate your modelling prowess this evening with a couple of pints of draught ale (named Brian) from our local micro brewery - Dynamite Valley. :beers:.

Keep safe
Martin

Phoenix

Cheers Martin,

Thank you so much for your very kind and flattering comments.  :D :-[ :D

It is thanks to the inspiration and encouragement from yourself and other friends here that Windmill Hill looks like it does  :NGF:

All I did was refresh myself with cider, then glue a few bits together and stick them on a bit of wood  :D :D :D :D :D

It will be a pleasure to have a drink with you later, maybe in real life sometime, meanwhile you have given me an idea for a thread hopefully a few will join in with  ;)

All best wishes

Kevin

port perran

I'll look forward to that drink Kevin.
We have relatives in Bournemouth so not far from you.
Trouble is we have to wait for safer days I'm afraid.
I'm looking forward to your new thread.

Martin

Phoenix

Hi All,

Hope you all had a great weekend.  :D

While we are in the pub watching trains, here is the goods train that runs around the upper level track. The track is peco flextrack with VERY small radius curves (approx 4" ) The loco is a Dapol Terrier.

I did have trouble with derailments even though the Terrier is quite tiny, but I heard of a drastic solution to the problem ...... grinding the flanges off the centre pain of wheels    :o :goggleeyes: :o

This I did with great trepedation, and now it runs perfectly ..... it is a beautiful little loco, and I am very pleased with the weathering TMC did  :D :D :D

Here  it is .....

All best wishes

Kevin

Phoenix

Hi all,

today I have been experimenting with video, trying to get an idea of some good camera angles.

Things haven't gone too bad, and I have got an idea of what I want to do at some stage for a final video.  :hmmm:

At the beginning I had some things in for scale, and when filming had the big backscene, but kept the proper front facia on.

Anyway, here it is, any criticism will be welcome.  :thumbsup:

All best wishes

Kevin

port perran

Phoenix

Glad you liked the video, I'm just trying things out at the moment, so very much a work in progress.

Here is an overview of the lake  :thumbsup:

Next up will be some detail close-ups  :D

All best wishes

Kevin

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £0.00
Below Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
 0%