!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Captain (now Colonel hon) Tom Moores !00th Birthday  (Read 509 times)

Offline ntpntpntp

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Captain (now Colonel hon) Tom Moores !00th Birthday
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2020, 01:09:48 PM »
Well, I've pre-ordered one of the Hornby 'Orribly 'Oversized 66s. 

It was a bit of a fight with the really slow and flaky website but finally got the order accepted late last night.    I don't expect to see it until November.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/gbrf-class-66-captain-tom-moore-a-true-british-inspiration.html
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+36)
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2020, 01:43:57 PM »
Army also doing a 2 helicopter flypast

typical, on the news last night, showed the spit and hurri, but no mention of the egg beaters  :'(
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Offline javlinfaw7

• N Gauge Society Number: 23283
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2020, 03:06:01 PM »
 :'(Supposed to be a Wildcat and an Apache at a lower level but cannot see a report of it happening anywhere
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 03:07:45 PM by javlinfaw7 »

Offline acko22

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR - HONOURING THE PAST, HELPING TODAY
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2020, 03:23:35 PM »
As has been suggested I'd definitely buy a model of that if it were going

Me too, I wonder if @acko22 could be persuaded to take this on given his previous experience?

Regards,

Alex

Sadly Alex as @njee20 suggests with me now been a Freightliner employee myself trying to tap up GBRf will probably not be of interest to them (it was hard enough to get them to the table when I was in the army even when I did technically break into their head office :bounce:) or do myself any favours with my bosses, then with my impending work load at home about to double it's not something I would find any time for either sadly.

But I have no doubt that either Farish or Dapol will do this loco may that be of their own choosing or a shop requesting them as a special addition.
On that note as long as the colours are done right I would hedge myself more towards Dapol as having seen it from the inside they have a faster turn around on liveries than Farish, so it may be worth people approaching Dapol on their forum and bombarding them there that they want that specific loco
Personally I don't generally pre-order either Farsih or Dapol models but for one of these I would bit the bullet! Even if the name on the Loco is techincally wrong as regardless of it been an Honour Tom Moore was a Colonel before GBRf unveil the name (only by a matter of hours publicly) !

Offline RailGooner

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2020, 12:54:41 PM »
 Even if the name on the Loco is techincally wrong as regardless of it been an Honour Tom Moore was a Colonel before GBRf unveil the name (only by a matter of hours publicly) !

The plates are correct. Capt. Tom Moore is a Honorary Colonel of the Army Foundation College in Harrogate and ought only be addressed as "Colonel Tom Moore" when acting in that capacity. At all other times he remains Capt. Tom Moore. At least until the next Honours List, when if there's any justice, he'll be appointed "Capt. Sir Tom Moore".
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline acko22

• PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR - HONOURING THE PAST, HELPING TODAY
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2020, 09:06:56 PM »
The plates are correct. Capt. Tom Moore is a Honorary Colonel of the Army Foundation College in Harrogate and ought only be addressed as "Colonel Tom Moore" when acting in that capacity. At all other times he remains Capt. Tom Moore. At least until the next Honours List, when if there's any justice, he'll be appointed "Capt. Sir Tom Moore".

Hate to say it you are incorrect He is officially a Colonel and carries the title with the honour it means he only has input regarding the Harrogate AFC and even then it is a ceremonial role, much in the way the prince are colonel in chiefs of Regiements when they both married they are the rank of Colonel and addressed as such.
Although funny enough Col Moore will be in the only man in the UK right now to see a pay rise as his pension goes up!

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2020, 10:44:53 PM »
I'm sure all would welcome tonights news re   
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52732300        Captain Sir Thomas Moore
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 10:52:24 PM by crewearpley40 »

Offline chrism

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • The Coniston Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2020, 06:54:02 AM »
I'm sure all would welcome tonights news re   
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52732300        Captain Sir Thomas Moore

Damned right  :thumbsup:

Online Chris Morris

• Ridgacre Branch & Little Aller Junction
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2020, 08:04:43 AM »
So - will they put a new updated nameplate on the class 66?
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Offline Mr Sprue

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2020, 09:18:46 AM »
So - will they put a new updated nameplate on the class 66?

LOL..... I bet they didn't want that to happen. Bugger! Got to open up all the boxes again.  :D

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal