!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Konigsbrucke - Swiss N gauge layout 1997 - 2005 (and some present day stock)  (Read 1685 times)

Offline swisstrains

• Trade Count: (0)
    • My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
Look forward to seeing the finished articles Jeremy.
It's about time that Kato/Hobbytrain fitted finer pantos to the Re6/6.
John

Offline cornish trains jez

• Awards
Look forward to seeing the finished articles Jeremy.
It's about time that Kato/Hobbytrain fitted finer pantos to the Re6/6.

The pantographs do need updating. They just look really bulky. I am looking forward to the new releases once they arrive as I'd really like the cargo liveried version to add to my fleet. I made some progress on the layout tonight and will put another video together ready for upload Sunday morning.

Best regards and stay safe,

Jeremy

• Awards
Morning everyone,

Here is my latest video update on the layout progress. I have included plenty of trains running in this episode so hope you all enjoy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4puKA-mrTA

Jeremy

Online tutenkhamunsleeping

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23866
  • 2mm Association Number: 4854
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Some lovely smooth running there :thumbsup:

Offline Brandon_5

• Awards
Great video, thanks for sharing your update. Nice to see the trains going, the Flirt looks awesome and that Night Jet rake is absolutely amazing! I wasn't very aware of LS Models before, I will certainly have to check them out.

• Awards
Some lovely smooth running there :thumbsup:

Thanks Steve! Having trains running keeps up the modelling mojo to continue the project.

Jeremy

• Awards
Great video, thanks for sharing your update. Nice to see the trains going, the Flirt looks awesome and that Night Jet rake is absolutely amazing! I wasn't very aware of LS Models before, I will certainly have to check them out.

Hi,

The FLIRT is a great unit but its got a few motor issues unfortunately. The LS Models Nightjet rake is fantastic and I'll certainly do a revue in a couple of videos time.

Jeremy

Offline swisstrains

• My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
Hi Jeremy. As the double-slip forms part of the entrance to your postal depot did you use a Creanorm Lgnss as your test wagon? They don't like pointwork at the best of times especially large radius.  :no:
John

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
I've probably mentioned it on another thread, but at the moment I'm getting slightly concerned with the double and single slips I've included in my current loco depot project. 

In tests I've had a couple of locos repeatedly split themselves on the way through - one of them is one of my FLIRTs too. 

Older deeper flanged locos and stock don't run through as smoothly as they do through the standard code 55 pointwork.

The actual tiebar throw on the slips and the 3-way point is less than the standard points and that's given me grief with getting changeover switches to work reliably - both the Peco microswitches and also the old black slide switches (I've gone right off the microswitches now and reverted to using the old sliders).  I'm currently trialing a "heath-robinson" method of magnifying the point motor throw with a pivoting lever into the slide switch. That seems to be working so far.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

• Awards
Hi Jeremy. As the double-slip forms part of the entrance to your postal depot did you use a Creanorm Lgnss as your test wagon? They don't like pointwork at the best of times especially large radius.  :no:

Hi John,

Spot on! The Lgnss is the guilty party! They are lively across the turnouts and especially the double slip.

Jeremy

• Awards
I've probably mentioned it on another thread, but at the moment I'm getting slightly concerned with the double and single slips I've included in my current loco depot project. 

In tests I've had a couple of locos repeatedly split themselves on the way through - one of them is one of my FLIRTs too. 

Older deeper flanged locos and stock don't run through as smoothly as they do through the standard code 55 pointwork.

The actual tiebar throw on the slips and the 3-way point is less than the standard points and that's given me grief with getting changeover switches to work reliably - both the Peco microswitches and also the old black slide switches (I've gone right off the microswitches now and reverted to using the old sliders).  I'm currently trialing a "heath-robinson" method of magnifying the point motor throw with a pivoting lever into the slide switch. That seems to be working so far.

It seems that the slip has wider clearances than the standard turnouts. Bizarre really. I'm wondering whether to experiment with a strip of Atlas N scale flexi rail and see if I can scratchbuild a code 55 turnout to suit.

Jeremy

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Ngtrains do Micro Engineering code 55 rail, but the head is quite wide, it doesn’t actually match Peco code 55 that well. Assuming you meant rail, rather than track - the Atlas flex track looks very US (as it’s intended to!). I’ve not inspected their rail.

• Awards
Ngtrains do Micro Engineering code 55 rail, but the head is quite wide, it doesn’t actually match Peco code 55 that well. Assuming you meant rail, rather than track - the Atlas flex track looks very US (as it’s intended to!). I’ve not inspected their rail.

I was watching a video on youtube last night with some american dude comparing code 55 rail tracks, I think there were four brands including Peco and Atlas. The Atlas and Peco rails looked very comparable in the video so I'm going to see if I can pick up a short piece cheap somewhere (probably ebay) and see if its close enough to use. Unless someone on this forum has a spare piece that I can buy off them!

Jeremy

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Alternatively strip some rail out of Peco code 55 flex, with PCB sleepers it'd probably be about the right height to match the code 55 plain rail, given the rail is actually 0.083" tall.

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
Peco 55 on PCB sleepers would look totally wrong with its "double T" unless you ground off the lower section. Way too much effort, just go for one of the other brands.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal