!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Konigsbrucke - Swiss N gauge layout 1997 - 2005 (and some present day stock)  (Read 1688 times)

Offline cornish trains jez

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would post a thread on my latest layout which is a Swiss layout in N gauge (of course - its the N gauge forum after all!). The layout measure 5 meters x 85 cm and depicts a section of 4 track mainline heading through an urban environment into an "off scene" station.

I have made a video posted here with the introduction to the layout and the progress so far. I'll keep this thread updated too with photos and further videos as the layout progresses.

Here is the track plan:

Here is the first video update:

https://youtu.be/NKUBV-lOeng

Best regards and stay safe,

Jeremy

« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 09:13:20 PM by cornish trains jez »

Offline swisstrains

• My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
Hi Jeremy. A few of my favourite locations all on one layout.......can't be bad. :thumbsup:
Unfortunately my wife wouldn't be so enthusiastic as for some reason she hates Pratteln :D
John

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
Looking forward to seeing your progress.

You'll be getting to grips with the extended character set even more than me then?   Years ago I had to learn ALT+0246 is ö  for "Königshafen",  you'll also need ALT+0252 = ü    for "Königsbrücke"   :D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 10:18:06 PM by ntpntpntp »
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

• Awards
Hi Jeremy. A few of my favourite locations all on one layout.......can't be bad. :thumbsup:
Unfortunately my wife wouldn't be so enthusiastic as for some reason she hates Pratteln :D

Thanks John. I’ll keep the updates coming through. Your Sustenbahn layout from years ago got me started modelling Swiss N gauge when I did my first Swiss layout in 2003.

Jeremy

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
Good video! Looking forward to following this.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline weave

• Awards
Hi Jez,

Great to have another Continental layout on the Forum and very much looking forward to your progress.

Cheers weave  :beers:

PS I'm saying nothing but be prepared for comments from others of a nervous disposition about your lack of bridge when running trains  :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 11:26:51 PM by weave »

• Awards
Good video! Looking forward to following this.  :thumbsup:

Cheers! Will try and keep the updates coming through.

Jeremy

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
Thanks, mate, you too.  :thumbsup:

Be aware though, you will, as weave suggests, likely to be contacted by a certain moderator regarding that bridge  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

• Awards
Hi Jez,

Great to have another Continental layout on the Forum and very much looking forward to your progress.

Cheers weave  :beers:

PS I'm saying nothing but be prepared for comments from others of a nervous disposition about your lack of bridge when running trains  :)

Thanks Weave. I'm going to mock up the bridge today in card and try and get an idea as to what it might look like. To be honest, I probably should have built the bridge first but thought it might be easier with the tracks down so I get the size right. Knowing what I'm like, I'd probably get it wrong!

Jeremy

Offline swisstrains

• Awards

Be aware though, you will, as weave suggests, likely to be contacted by a certain moderator regarding that bridge  :D

Don't know what all the fuss is about. The Swiss Express Re 4/4 had no problems dealing with the lack of bridge even with it's rear axle off the road. Superior Swiss engineering. :D
John

Offline Gizzy

• Awards
Great, another Swiss layout for me to see, although it is Standard Gauge.

I did though spy a Kato Glacier Express set on your video, so I assume a narrow gauge RhB branch line will be added to your layout....
Gizzy

Gentleman, scholar, railway modeller....

• Awards

I did though spy a Kato Glacier Express set on your video, so I assume a narrow gauge RhB branch line will be added to your layout....

Thanks for looking in. There is a Glacier Express but I haven't considered how to add it in to the layout. Perhaps I'll just go by "rule number one" and have it running along the standard gauge lines!  :o

Jeremy

• Awards

Don't know what all the fuss is about. The Swiss Express Re 4/4 had no problems dealing with the lack of bridge even with it's rear axle off the road. Superior Swiss engineering. :D

I noticed that too John but only after I had fully edited the video and watched it back, by then I didn't really want to do another section to swap it over. But like you say, superior Swiss engineering!

Jeremy

Offline Gizzy

• Awards

Thanks for looking in. There is a Glacier Express but I haven't considered how to add it in to the layout. Perhaps I'll just go by "rule number one" and have it running along the standard gauge lines!  :o

Jeremy
There is a dual gauge section of track from Chur to Ems, so rule 1 could be used I guess?

As Mizzy Gizzy brought me the Kato 'Pink Panther' BLS loco for Christmas, I've decided to that a single track branch next to a double track metre gauge line is going to be standard gauge, by invoking rule 1.

Then I can run SG stock into the station if I please....
Gizzy

Gentleman, scholar, railway modeller....

Offline swisstrains

• Awards

I noticed that too John but only after I had fully edited the video and watched it back, by then I didn't really want to do another section to swap it over. But like you say, superior Swiss engineering!

Jeremy

Yes, I don't blame you Jeremy. It's a great video.
John

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal