!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Union Mills Stock, Prices and News 1 April 2020  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Train Waiting

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
Union Mills Stock, Prices and News 1 April 2020
« on: April 10, 2020, 02:17:53 PM »
Hello Chums

Here's the latest Union Mills list, received today.  Union Mills is open for business.

With best wishes.

John

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Offline Doc Pye

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Union Mills Stock, Prices and News 1 April 2020
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 10:17:47 PM »
Well I took the plunge for my 3rd Union Mills loco, opting this time for....drum roll....suspense...'City of Truro!'  I called Colin today and parted with all my financial info and he promised it will be in the post tomorrow! Of course, Royal Mail being what it is today, who knows when it will reach Pandemic London??? Today we had a mail delivery that was the first in 8 days! Back to Colin and UM, apparently Colin tells me that the Isle of Man is locked down tight and while you can leave the island you can't come in!!! Now that is social distancing!

Looking forward to my next loco...I have a special decal set that I bought of someone from this forum (can't remember who...old age moment!), so I hope to 'detail' the UM loco a bit more.

If anyone has already done a bit of detailing on the 'City of Truro' then feel free to provide me with your tips and ideas :helpneededsign:

« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 11:42:42 AM by Doc Pye »

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 11:22:21 AM »
Snowwolflair has done the transfers and Ozymandias does a wonderful job for the what I call fancy livery .
Bob Tidbury

Offline Doc Pye

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 09:17:23 PM »
Snowwolflair has done the transfers and Ozymandias does a wonderful job for the what I call fancy livery .
Bob Tidbury

Well I have the transfers of the 'fancy livery', which is lining, and that looks nice.

What about the other transfers you mentioned? Any photos of what that entails?

Also, has anyone done a upgrade of the loco, perhaps doing a Dr Al approach to detailing it? If so, please share your experiences and photos.

Offline flandrien

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 11:51:11 AM »
I am keen to order some Union Mills locs but is it possible to buy online somewhere?  No website?  I live abroad and would like to see what is on offer before I buy.  Many thanks.

Offline R Marshall

• N Gauge Society Number: 24052
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2020, 02:54:11 PM »
If you look at the 5th item under the heading Union Mills on this forum, you'll see pictures of a variety of UM models.

Offline flandrien

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2020, 02:57:10 PM »
Thank you.  I have seen them.  Is this all they have got?

Offline Train Waiting

• Larger Gallery
  • The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 03:04:10 PM »
I am keen to order some Union Mills locs but is it possible to buy online somewhere?  No website?  I live abroad and would like to see what is on offer before I buy.  Many thanks.

Welcome aboard!

If there is any particular model you are interested in, just ask and I'll post a picture.  Mine are mostly in 'Big Four' liveries.  Alternatively, you can see plenty of Union Mills locomotives in action on my 'Poppingham - A Table Top Railway in British 'N' Gauge' layout thread. 

Union Mills sells direct to the public and Mr Colin Heard, who 'is' Union Mills, is an incredibly good chap.  There is no website, but you can write, telephone or e-mail.  He has many overseas customers.

Certain online sales sites offer Union Mills locomotives from time to time.  These can be offered for sale at over what a new model costs!

With best wishes.

John

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

Offline flandrien

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 04:06:14 PM »
Thank you John,

I am interested in all GWR models.  I ll have a look at your layout. Then,   perhap, s give Colin a call to sort out delivery, payment , etc.

Best regards and stay safe!

Kris

Offline Train Waiting

• Larger Gallery
  • The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2020, 04:51:38 PM »
Thank you John,

I am interested in all GWR models....

Hello Kris

Union Mills makes four GWR locomotives, but not all will necessarily be available at any one time.  Here they are, photographed together for you...

From front to back:

4-4-0 City of Truro
4-4-0 'Dukedog' class
0-6-0 'Dean Goods' class
0-6-0 '2251' class 'Collett Goods'.

I have tried to photograph examples that I have not modified, but I did the copper chimney cap on the '2251'.

With best wishes.

John

Offline flandrien

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2020, 04:57:59 PM »
That is great service John!

Thanks for this.

Best regards,

Kris

Offline PennineWagons

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2020, 05:19:24 PM »
The two Robinson D11 'Improved Directors' in the forthcoming batch will be 5503  'Somme' in LNER green and 62664 'Princess Mary' in BR early crest black, if anyone's interested. Only 25 of each will be made. Delivery expected late May / early June, or so Mr Heard advised me.
PW

Offline Doc Pye

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2020, 06:46:55 PM »
Kris, I have three of those GWR locos shown above and I too can attest to (1) them being really well built and running locos, although a bit lacking in detail (but that can be corrected) and (2) Colin @ Union Mills providing excellent customer service. As stated, these locos are produced in batches and quickly sell out, so if you see ones you like don't procrastinate, as they are well worth getting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline flandrien

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2020, 07:30:37 PM »
Thanks everybody.

Offline Bigmac

• Awards
i used to be indecisive...but now i'm not so sure.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal