!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: NCE powercab Replacement 6wire curly cord by DCC Concepts  (Read 138 times)

Offline 1936ace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22564
    • Awards
NCE powercab Replacement 6wire curly cord by DCC Concepts
« on: April 04, 2020, 04:36:48 AM »
hi everyone,

Has anyone replaced their powercab 6 wire flat lead with one of the DCC Concepts 6 wire curly cords.

Thinking of replacing mine so it doesn't lay on the floor

Cheers
Bart

Offline lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
Re: NCE powercab Replacement 6wire curly cord by DCC Concepts
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 10:01:43 PM »
I am using a powercab with the SB5 smart booster, for a standard Powercab you need the six wire cable. DCC Concepts advertise their 6 way cable has being compatable so it should be ok. I have one, it is the same cable has used with The Cobalt Alpha Central. I use the NCE 4 wire curly cable with my powercab system which you can not use.
Lil Chris
My new layout here, Irwell Valley Railway. https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47127.0

my old layout was East Lancashire Lines.

Offline pauliebanger

• Awards
Re: NCE powercab Replacement 6wire curly cord by DCC Concepts
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 05:18:31 PM »
hi everyone,

Has anyone replaced their powercab 6 wire flat lead with one of the DCC Concepts 6 wire curly cords.

Thinking of replacing mine so it doesn't lay on the floor

Cheers
Bart

Hi Bart,

I've got one but rarely use it now. Quality is up to DCCConcepts usual standard and it definitely works fine with a PowerCab if you can live with its characterisics. I find it to be bit too stiffly coiled and not very long, so it depends how far you need it to stretch as to how useful it will be to you.

Best regards,

Paul

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal