!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol Britannia, Coreless Motor, Sound and Stay Alive  (Read 119 times)

Offline doug22150

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Dapol Britannia, Coreless Motor, Sound and Stay Alive
« on: March 28, 2020, 09:49:57 AM »
Following Sotonian's lead a few months ago with remotoring a Dapol Schools, I've just completed remotoring my Alfred the Great with a Transfabriek coreless motor, adding DCC Sound and Stay Alive.  I used the Transfabriek motor mount but modified by filing the "Drivers side" sufficiently to fit the MX 648 on one side and the Tantalum capacitors on the other.  I originally mounted the Tantalums on top of the motor, but found that when the (unmodified) tender body was replaced, it pushed the front of the motor down slightly.  This resulted in the drive yoke fouling the footplate of the loco.  The short video clip shows just how slowly the loco. will run, without any hesitation.  And this is picking up on the tender only - I have yet to replace the loco. - tender wires.

https://youtu.be/tfXkQiv6C-A
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 09:53:17 AM by doug22150, Reason: Extra photo added »

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal