!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Track layout software  (Read 465 times)

Online jpendle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23638
    • Awards
Re: Track layout software
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2020, 06:33:01 PM »
First SCRAM, limits you to only load from the library to the end your working on, however Anyrail at least lets you load from on mass from the library, so you could go down the library get what you need/think you need, then put it all together. First point for Anyrail.

Scarm lets you change the start point so you can load bits that connect to that, you can also copy bits of track. The library you have selected is always visible on the left to select new or additional track pieces.

I suppose if you want your software to act like a box of bits that you can play around without joining them up then perhaps Scarm isnít the best solution.

Regards

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

Offline GPHolmes

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2020, 06:33:20 PM »
I have just had a go at placing a length of flex and in Anyrail you can stretch the length, is this a bug ? Just can't do that on the real stuff or am I missing something ?

Online jpendle

• N Gauge Society Number: 23638
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 06:38:16 PM »
I have just had a go at placing a length of flex and in Anyrail you can stretch the length, is this a bug ? Just can't do that on the real stuff or am I missing something ?

I donít use Anyrail but I think that could be a nice feature.
In Scarm you have to use multiple lengths of Flexitrack for any run longer than 3í, which can be a pain when doing large radius curves.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

Offline LASteve

• N Gauge Society Number: 28183
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 06:44:59 PM »
It's not a bug, it's really there to allow you to roughly estimate the length of a straight (less than 36") and then when you join the two ends you anchor one end to one piece of track , and stretch the other to anchor with the second piece of track. On the status bar at the bottom you'll see the actual length of the track when you click on it.

I'm not sure how useful that is, I'm not sure anyone takes the measurements from the plan when you're actually laying the track.

On the other hand, you can lay a single long length of track in one go, especially if you're laying a long curve, which is useful.

Offline NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 06:50:23 PM »

As Steve says, not a bug.  It allows you to create a long length without having to add multiple pieces of flexi track together.  Very useful for long sweeping curves.

If you select a piece of flexi track, then right click on it; from the menu you that appears you can select "curve Track" You can then enter the radius and angle of curve and Anyrail then creates that curve for you.

Best

Scott.
(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Anxiety is a lot like a toddler. It never stops talking, tells you youíre wrong about everything, and wakes you up at 3am.

I get nervous about just about everything. Sometimes I literally donít know why Iím anxious. I just am and no-one seems to understand that.

Offline GPHolmes

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2020, 08:07:28 PM »
Cheers all, Anyrail seems to be on top at the moment.

Offline GPHolmes

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2020, 11:45:19 AM »
Well, just paid for a license so see how a un-limited version works out.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal