!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Luxulyan - Cornwall Branch Line  (Read 316 times)

Offline stickman

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Luxulyan - Cornwall Branch Line
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 05:22:30 PM »
Had a play at lunchtime and updated a few things.  Thanks for the advice and comments  :)

Better, but anything heading 'eastwards' for the sidings at the RHS will end up locked against the buffers by its train. Not a problem with DCC as you can simply add a loco to the back and haul the train out, releasing the original loco. Bit more difficult with DC. However, if the straight piece of track off the loop was extended slightly a train from the east could run into that and then reverse the train into the sidings. Just a thought, but I don't want to stray too far from the prototype.

Thanks for this.  I had assumed on the odd occasion that the sidings behind the station were used, trains from the clay dries would enter the top side of the platform, uncouple, run around the bottom platform and then push the wagons into the sidings?  In reality these sidings were in use when the china clay dries in Luxulyan village were working.  I am modelling late steam early diesel era, and the nearest siding had a camping coach parked up, and the back siding gone altogether.  I would rather 'imagine' that the sidings were still in use though  :)  Not strictly as it would have been!!

Offline crewearpley40

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 05:27:01 PM »
Maybe the odd milk tank train  the daily pick up train would look good

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2020, 07:14:39 PM »
Had a play at lunchtime and updated a few things.  Thanks for the advice and comments  :)

Better, but anything heading 'eastwards' for the sidings at the RHS will end up locked against the buffers by its train. Not a problem with DCC as you can simply add a loco to the back and haul the train out, releasing the original loco. Bit more difficult with DC. However, if the straight piece of track off the loop was extended slightly a train from the east could run into that and then reverse the train into the sidings. Just a thought, but I don't want to stray too far from the prototype.

I had assumed on the odd occasion that the sidings behind the station were used, trains from the clay dries would enter the top side of the platform, uncouple, run around the bottom platform and then push the wagons into the sidings?

:smackedface: Quite right. I'd completely missed that ploy and have gone to the bottom of the class voluntarily :dunce:

Offline NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 11:13:45 AM »

Thanks for this.  I had assumed on the odd occasion that the sidings behind the station were used, trains from the clay dries would enter the top side of the platform, uncouple, run around the bottom platform and then push the wagons into the sidings?  In reality these sidings were in use when the china clay dries in Luxulyan village were working.  I am modelling late steam early diesel era, and the nearest siding had a camping coach parked up, and the back siding gone altogether.  I would rather 'imagine' that the sidings were still in use though  :)  Not strictly as it would have been!!

It may even be that operational procedures precluded eastbound trains working those sidings,; the train having to travel further down the line to run-round it's train, before travelling back to access the siding; common practice for a lot of yards/sidings.

I would still lengthen that headshunt though, to be honest...

Best

Scott.
(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Anxiety is a lot like a toddler. It never stops talking, tells you youíre wrong about everything, and wakes you up at 3am.

I get nervous about just about everything. Sometimes I literally donít know why Iím anxious. I just am and no-one seems to understand that.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £5.00
Below Goal: £55.00
Site Currency: GBP
 8%
April Donations

Advertise Here
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal