!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Hattons shop temporarily closed  (Read 1431 times)

Offline geoffc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24557
    • Awards
Hattons shop temporarily closed
« on: March 17, 2020, 05:33:27 PM »
Just had a newsletter from Hattons, the shop is shut and they may suspend mail order as well.

Geoff

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • Awards
Re: Hattons shop shut
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 05:56:12 PM »
but I'm supposed to self isolate for four months  :'(

what am I to do  :censored:
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 07:20:56 PM »
Steady @class37025, you might go off t’Rails.  ;)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline Dorsetmike

• N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 09:37:11 PM »
Steady @class37025, you might go off t’Rails.  ;)

Wot, them "of Sheffield"?  Always use them meself.
Cheers MIKE
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Offline railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
Re: Hattons shop temporarily closed
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 01:13:23 AM »
Moderator Comment I have moved this thread to the "not online" shop subforum as the announcement currently only affects their physical store

Link to announcement: COVID-19 Hattons Service Updates.
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Offline longbow

• N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: Yes
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 06:03:09 AM »
Suspending mail order suggests something more than precaution is afoot. Hope their staff are OK.

Offline railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 08:35:46 AM »
Text of the message says:

We are contemplating suspending service for mail orders. If we proceed with this, we intend to give 24 hours notice.

Let's not speculate please.
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Offline RailGooner

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
Modellbahn-Kramm shop temporarily closed
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2020, 11:16:38 AM »
Dear customers, dear model railroaders,

The Modellbahn-Kramm team would like to point out
that we will keep our shop closed until further notice after the decree has been revised.
You can still access our online shop despite the Corona crisis.
The ability to deliver is currently still available.

You can reach us as usual via www.modellbahn-kramm.com
under phone number: 02103-963399
or by email to kramm.hilden@t-online.de

If anything changes, we will inform you!
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2020, 11:30:45 AM »
Based on RG's last post has someone merged a thread about Modellbahn Kramm now? Can we please stop arbitrary merging of threads because they're about mildly similar things!?

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
Re: Another shop temporarily closed
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2020, 11:32:23 AM »
This will become standard across many retailers as they seek to protect both their staff and the public. This morning I received this from Bahnorama Modelleisenbahn in Bern:
As you were recently informed, we started preparations for the coronavirus situation at an early stage.  The current events are rushing and since yesterday we also had to close our sales business.

But we are there for you, just behind closed doors!

Protect our team
 The measures to protect our employees will continue to be carried out.
 Frequently used surfaces are cleaned several times, disinfectants are available, suppliers no longer enter our delivery area, but deposit the goods, we keep a distance from each other (we now have the whole shop for ourselves), and there are also several work stations and areas available.

business
 After a day, we can see that the preparations have paid off.
 We were able to adjust the operation promptly and are now available to you as follows:

At any time by email: info@bahnorama.ch

By phone: 031 992 85 88
 Monday to Friday,
 from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. and 1.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.
 Please note that there may be short waiting times despite multiple lines.

Availability
 At the moment we still receive deliveries of goods from many suppliers.  Unfortunately, we cannot estimate how long this will be.  But there will certainly be more and more gaps in the range for longer, even if we have good stocks.  What we already notice is that the replenishment is not as quick as before.

How do you get your goods?
 As already announced earlier, we are currently shipping securely throughout Switzerland free of charge until April 19, 2020.  Customers who have chosen pick-up for previous orders will be informed and can also receive the goods free of shipping costs.
 At the moment, all orders and feedback until about 4.30 p.m. are dispatched on the same day.

Thank you for supporting us with your purchase even in this difficult time!

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for the encouraging and positive feedback that we were able to receive today.  These have touched us very much and give us strength!

We are aware that the situation can change just as quickly.  So someone can get sick from us and the operation would have to be stopped completely at short notice.  Emergency operation is prepared, however, and certain tasks can be carried out with a home office.  In addition, we have set up a second shipping station at an external location, which is ready for operation!

In this spirit, I wish you the best of health on behalf of the entire Bahnorama team and thank you for your trust!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 11:45:21 AM by daffy »
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline RailGooner

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2020, 12:03:14 PM »
Based on RG's last post has someone merged a thread about Modellbahn Kramm now? Can we please stop arbitrary merging of threads because they're about mildly similar things!?

Sorry - my bad. My defence: seeing very much more than a mild similarity, I decided to add my post (with an amended subject line) to this thread.
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2020, 12:50:37 PM »
Ah, ok, never knew could do that, mea culpa!

Offline Bob G

• N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 06:04:03 PM »
Got this by email from Hattons today:

Introducing Hattons "Trunk" Service

As of Tuesday 31st March 2020, we are still shipping orders, but are braced for a temporary closure if the Coronavirus isolation requirements are stepped-up.
In view of this, we have built a “Hattons Trunk” service where you will be able to pay for & “secure” items - and have them held indefinitely at our premises.
You will be able to freely add further items to your “Trunk”.
This means you can carry on buying whilst we are in lockdown, and then all your orders can be sent in one parcel, when normal service has been resumed. We are likely to retain this service once the Coronavirus pandemic has ended.
We are planning to launch this new service next week (week commencing Monday 6th April 2020) and we would love to hear your thoughts. Please leave any feedback or questions in the comments section on our website or email them to richard@hattons.co.uk.

There is only one problem that I see with this concept.
I want my trains NOW. Not purchased now and sitting in a warehouse in Widnes for maybe months on end.

I can't see this working, somehow.
If only we could wind back the clock to the time when Hattons parcels were hand tied with string (it wasn't many years ago).

Best
Bob

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 06:37:03 PM »
They continue to want to defend their market position with increasingly desperate measures it seems. Why would you ever use their ‘trunk’ feature in the future? They’re not going to want to allocate stock for a totally indeterminate period of time, and if they require payment upfront why wouldn’t you just get the items immediately?

Offline exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+7)
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 06:50:19 PM »
My n gauge expenditure hasn't been that great in the last few months with far to much to be getting on with but since Hattons lost their GF battle I dont even look at their website anymore. It used to be top of the favourites list.

Alot of things have gone against them literally since they moved to their new warehouse at presumably great expense.

They have self evaluated themselves to be a world leader in manufacture and supply, almost seeing themselves as the dominant force Tesco were 15years ago, almost to the point that the world will jump to their tune.

GF won that battle, they then tried unsuccessfully to close the whole model railway world down to suit themselves and now, desperate to keep customers announce unrealistic schemes to get us to cough up money and not see anything for weeks.

Good Luck flogging that idea Hattons, what are the odds on them existing in 5years time???

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £35.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
58% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal