!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 336 times)

Online crewearpley40

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: New Member
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2020, 07:21:02 PM »
Modelling in a small flat can be a challenge. I only have 15 ft c 3 at a push in a lounge . That's why meeting members for advice, help, a cuppa, has proven beneficial

Offline Fenrisian

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2020, 07:28:49 PM »
I have 2 x 4' x 1v boards in an L shape in the utility room. We are looking to move though so there is a hobby room on the horizon

Pete
Pete

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2020, 07:32:16 PM »
We model most interests from lms / get/ Br pre 1968 , early 70s up to 95  do pm for next meeting

Offline jpendle

• N Gauge Society Number: 23638
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2020, 07:52:54 PM »
Thank you all for the welcome.

I have 3 questions but I'm not sure which part of the forum to put them in for the best advice. They are nothing urgent
My Gauge master 66 came without couplings. How are standard N gauge couplings attached?
Again my  Dapol Western class 52 same problem, no couplings and I can't work out where they fit.
Several problems with some Graham Farish coaches not going around curves. The bogie appears to catch the frame.

If you bought them new, then they should have had standard 'Rapido' couplings fitted at both ends, and I would ask the shop for replacements.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

Offline RailGooner

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2020, 05:10:41 PM »
Welcome aboard watfordmet! :wave: I'm guessing you work/ed for the Met Police or the Meteorological Office. :hmmm:
I'm afraid it's Watford Metropolitan (met)  station
:smackedface: Didn't think of that one. :beers:
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline watfordmet

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2020, 08:23:12 PM »
Thank you everyone for your help on couplings. My class 52 and 66 now have couplings. In future I'll be very wary before buying locos, to make sure they have couplings already fitted.  :thankyousign:

Offline Fenrisian

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2020, 08:39:39 PM »
Couplings are problematic for newbies our age. I bought a 2nd hand mk1 at a show Saturday. I thought it had strange couplings when I got it home. On examining it tonight I found standard couplings on their sides without springs. Thank God for magnifying glasses
Pete

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2020, 12:09:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum!  :)

Online impinabox

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2020, 11:29:04 AM »
Several problems with some Graham Farish coaches not going around curves. The bogie appears to catch the frame.
Hi Tank

A late welcome from another newbie.  Did you figure out why your coaches kept derailing?  I've had similar problems with one old GF coach and with a GF DMU.  On the DMU at least it turned out to be the buffers hittig each other on curves, especially when running backwards, ie. the power car pushing the rest.  I discovered that you can pull out the buffers and doing that on the middle coach fixed the problem completely.  They'll push back in again if you want realism or to sell it to a 'collector', but they run much better without.
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing badly.

Current layout project: Halfway - https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=48537.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £20.00
Below Goal: £40.00
Site Currency: GBP
33% 
April Donations

Advertise Here
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal