!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Clifton Wood the rebuild begins  (Read 4884 times)

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+6)
    • Awards
Re: Clifton Wood a biomass processing plant
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2020, 03:16:17 PM »
 :thankyousign: @cornish yorkie hopefully a good update to come later today.  :hmmm:

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2020, 05:57:59 PM »
Today's been quite successful at Clifton Wood.

The log chipper is virtually complete including the hopper and conveyor into the screening hut.

All the lorry park, truck wash and maintenance shed lighting have now been added, I have 1 dodgy led in one so that will get replaced.

Most of the lampposts have yellow tube and clamp protection at the base of them, some truckers are like magnets to lampposts and the Clifton Wood yard will be no different I'm sure.

Managed to get some crash barrier sections so they will find their way onto various parts of the scenery.

Still one big building left to construct so that's currently in planning to confirm dimensions, this will be low relief at the top end of the yard

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2020, 06:58:10 PM »
This is all looking really good Craig.
Keep the updates rolling in please.

Martin
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2020, 08:56:20 AM »
Well as with most projects work has ruined progress somewhat this week  :veryangry:

However the few minutes I have been able to spend on it have been wiring all the lights up and tidying the wiring through the buildings, underboard wiring still needs routing and tidying up but getting there.

Redimp on ebay have had some of their items on the forum before and they released a carriage cleaning platform last week. I was fortunate enough to get one of the first run to use as a cleaning platform for the truck wash.

This has been painted to represent galvanised steel with the obligatory yellow guard rails and step edge borders. Got to keep HSE happy, signage will be added as well.

The truck wash unit has been cobbled together using plastruct ofd cuts and 0.2mm copper wire to replicate the hoses.

The plan was to put Louis on the platform with the jetwash in his hands but no glue would hold the cable so hes fumbling around to get the settings right before scrubbing his beloved Volvo FH

Actual truckwash unit complete with instructions as to where to use jet lance and foam brush

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 10:06:44 AM by exmouthcraig »

Online cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2020, 10:59:56 AM »
 :hellosign:  :greatpicturessign:
  Looking superb.  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
      regards Derek

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2020, 11:12:53 AM »
That jet wash looks amazing in close up.
I thought it was one of those electrical thingys you see at fetes etc where you have to get a metal ring around without touching the wire  :D

Great work though.

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2020, 12:43:18 PM »
All in situ,

:uneasy: thanks chaps, @port perran I did wonder whether to get all the hoses exactly curved and perfect BUT because Clifton Wood is a relatively new facility, both AW Jenkinson and Eddie Stobart trucks are ALWAYS immaculately turned out I dont really have much weathering or scruffing up to do  :hmmm: so I thought a little less perfect might be the way to go???

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+36)
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2020, 01:23:59 PM »
hi Craig,
just a minor nitpick  :-[

but there don't seem to be any drains / gullys around the truck wash to catch the water / mud / detergents.

so they would seem to spread out over the hard standing ...

elf'n might not be 'appy  :hmmm:
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2020, 01:28:02 PM »
Theres a big gulley with 2 drains UNDER the truck, my thinking is the water will run down both sides of the truck and collect underneath it.

I'll drag the wagon out and show you  :P

Offline class37025

• Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2020, 02:08:41 PM »
sorry  :-[

just would hate you to be closed down by elf'n or environmental  >:D

I do seem to remember raised kerbs around our truck wash, and as you say, sloped down to the middle, but that was back in the 80's / 90's before we got buried under EU legislation which stopped rivers being dredged to protect water plants, and sod the poor  :censored: who got flooded as a result.

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2020, 02:34:05 PM »
Trust me the legislation to get a new hard standing is pages and pages of red tape, however as someone who gets flooded quite regularly, admittedly we keep the house dry but everywhere else including fields are frequently under water at the moment I am all for the hoops to jump through.

So to comply with legislation these catch pits have been installed under the truckwash. Now in order to provide such a thing there has to be water collection tanks along with water filtration systems and a huge percentage of this water SHOULD be reused. Much like the system the SR developed in the 20s and 30s with the boiler washout water, that was pumped through woodwool and filtered all the oil and sediments, it was then pumped up 125ft to fill a tank in order to steam clean engines using gravity to generate the power needed. Clever boys on the SR, still I digress.....

Now you'll see why the truck is parked over the top, unfortunately I forgot to change my knife blade and have cut through my slabs with a blunt knife and have scarred the edges somewhat!!!

But at least we all know the drains are there  :D

Offline crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2020, 02:47:01 PM »
Gives the effect of a driver carelessly hitting a kerb driving fast round a corner.
 Great cameo scene though

Offline class37025

• Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2020, 03:34:36 PM »
soon have to get the AA out to change his tyre  :smiley-laughing:

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2020, 07:34:18 PM »
Well yet again work has limited time this week to less then 3hrs available to try and make things happen at Clifton Wood.

I have finally got the level crossing fencing sorted and filled the last few sections of verge around it, still working on the lights and signage for it but were getting somewhere!

The security fencing has now been sorted, this entails a run parallel with the road behind the verge and maintenance shed where it turns 90° and runs the perimeter of the yard, it crosses the railway opposite the blending shed, the railway line is gated and then the fence runs parallel with the first siding upto the backscene.

The twin yard lights to illuminate storage siding 1 and hopper siding 2 have now been installed, these are the last yard lights to be installed, there will be others on the last building which is nearing completion!!

The blending shed had open windows and I have now covered these with mesh screens, they will have to be painted but once they are I dont think theyll be particularly visible

The roof on the screening hut is not yet fixed, hence the dodgy angle of it :-[

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2020, 07:38:09 PM »
Excellent.
It’s all looking really good.
Can I ask, who makes the yellow crane thingy lifting the logs off the wagon ?

Martin

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal