!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: ditton ( - and the works )  (Read 4561 times)

Offline DarrwestLU6

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 28089
  • Getting back into N after a long break!
    • Awards
Re: ditton ( - and the works )
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2020, 03:49:08 PM »
Looks nice Chris and good luck with the chap at the home, that's really good of you! How are you powering up this simple layout? Do you have a power supply for him? (If not, I might have a spare single H&M unit).

(At home: It's been manic busy here but family are well, ventured out a few days to get food, did actually find bread, milk, eggs and pasta so now the boys are happy, and just had a very long chat with my Mum, she's all fine too.)
Hogwarts to King's Cross - My layout under construction: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=43358.msg536504#msg536504

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2020, 03:54:44 PM »
Thanks . I have been donated a spare controller as my cousin 's son has upgraded to something else, just need wires please. @DarrwestLU6 text sent
 I've a week  to sort so keeping all simple. Work continues slowly on ditton. Albeit with screwfix not able to supply a trestle I've had to turn to a carpenter that's me and make my own and use a folding table I found in a skip believe it or not. Just needed new wing nuts screws and an hours work

« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 04:01:46 PM by crewearpley40 »

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2020, 12:50:17 PM »
Ok sunday morning. Turning the clock back to 65 to 76   remember that long hot summer ? Greenery  the now long gone timber yard, forestry towards the weaver. This is my take and some weathered open wagons and Van's plus brake Van's are gaining an airing. Onto sir ' s layout still track pinning  but darren thanks for the wire. Controller arrived yesterday. Will be connecting up his tomorrow. As his layout the one to be taken up the home  will be tested obviously

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2020, 12:52:44 PM »
In the meantime more scenery added. Paint drying so also waiting for wires so I'm cracking on with some work at home

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2020, 08:08:34 PM »
Lockdown sunday. Windows open. I've pinned yet more track down. I have used my last two polystyrene pieces,  pva smothered within and on  lint applied, then sprayed with aerosol meadow green I had in my box. Air freshener out. Thanks to my local diy store texting last soldering iron, stocks low  he is independent and only opening 4 hours a day. I used my walk and fresh air . A Bargain 12 . Soldered on wires to H & M controller. Thank you @DarrwestLU6 shall look forward to the wires and will post again once tested. Sadly I learned a chap aged 89 passed and the lady who rang me said they contacted his one family member who did not want what was in a box or his belongings. A quick chat and the box would be left at a newsagent who used to deliver newspapers for him. They paid and cancelled there. The newsagent friend asked if I could collect and wow. A lima 31 green  4 wagons  a
Neglected signal box, 2 houses, a rather tacky tunnel. Loco works fine  just ran it on ditton . More tomorrow

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2020, 02:52:59 PM »
So been progress.... darren  thanks @DarrwestLU6 I now have two tagged wires that can be attached to controller number 2. And soldered to fishplates. It's a day off here, so soldered two more tags and fishplates. Track pinning going on. Then testing tonight. Started slowly placing a few kits but not gluing as may donate two once i have tested the gentleman ' s green lima 31 and minty and cleaned up a little. No photos as tools everywhere
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 02:54:31 PM by crewearpley40 »

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2020, 01:10:17 PM »
I'm still waiting building papers and items from freestone models great service and separate thread  plus the annoying mail track 48 having defeated the object of that. Ballast and scenic items rest with them to deliver. Company had sent that way. So unfazed I'm using card and wood offcuts to make buildings. Annoyingly but just crack on today. I have made a start with preparing building a station building
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 01:14:08 PM by crewearpley40, Reason: Spelling »

Offline 1977joey

• Awards
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2020, 05:46:40 PM »
Hi Chris,

Ditton is looking great so far, looking forward to seeing this develop  :thumbsup:

All the best
Mark

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2020, 06:06:25 PM »
Thanks mark @1977joey , certainly annoying the post, but boredom has not set in , a few off cuts to create a scenic break and backscene whilst I test the oaps layout from ditton ' s power and the second single controller . I will post later on the ballasting when it arrives

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2020, 07:59:20 PM »
And yes, it's still hot, so windows open , I have been painting the scenic break, retaining walls constructed from wooden off cuts. A careful few strokes of paint on what stone card i have used represents stone walls seen around Cheshire. Better when I have ballasted.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 08:02:13 PM by crewearpley40 »

Offline Jimmy77

• Awards
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2020, 09:44:35 AM »
Hi Chris,

Have just been catching up with your build, good to see you making progress, looking good. Have fun with the ballasting!

Cheers,

Jimmy

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2020, 09:46:42 AM »
Cannot wait to see aldersgate street. More later here

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2020, 02:38:08 PM »
For @Jimmy77 and anyone else. Here is the result of phase 1...... ballasting sir ' s layout. A little pva and gaugemaster 115 in small areas worked in. Just remembered to mask tape the 3 points. And test ..... class 25 runs well.

Offline 1977joey

• Awards
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2020, 03:11:06 PM »
Ballasting is looking really good Chris  :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Mark

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2020, 04:44:50 PM »
Thanks mark. It's a framed shot i took aiming the lenses under the scenic break. Frustrating waiting for the items I have paid and ordered but that's been today's task working in small areas to achieve the direct effect.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal