!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Hobbytrain H23924 Laeqrss 545 Wheelset  (Read 109 times)

Offline dickrowland

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Hobbytrain H23924 Laeqrss 545 Wheelset
« on: January 22, 2020, 07:16:28 PM »
I need a new wheelset, to be precise one axle with two wheels, for a Hobbytrain H23924 Laeqrss 545 auto transport wagen. The other two axles are still there but the centre axle has disappeared.
Yes, I tried Hobbytrain but they could not help. I think this model is out of production.
The wheel diameter, over the flats (not the total diameter over the flanges) is 3.96mm, while the axle length is 13.30mm. Can anybody help me?

Dick Rowland

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
Re: Hobbytrain H23924 Laeqrss 545 Wheelset
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 10:12:07 PM »
Tricky.   4mm diameter is small. Not as small as the Fleischmann rolling road wagons though!

I did wonder about the smaller wheels on old Roco US wagons but even they are over 4.5mm by the look of it.  I've had a hunt around the German spare parts sites and not had any luck.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline dickrowland

• Awards
Re: Hobbytrain H23924 Laeqrss 545 Wheelset
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 06:27:32 PM »
I ordered two of the Fleischmann rolling road wheelsets, unfortunately the wheel diameter, across the flats, are in this case too small! I was tempted to fit one axle set anyway as I thought the wagon could still run, but the axle is about a millimeter too long. One of the guys at the club works for a light engineering firm so I'm tempted to ask him if he can turn down the axle length to fit. This would mean that the wagen could still run, even though the ride height, at this point, would be slightly low!
A tip came in this evening: try for Kato spares RhB coach bogies. Would anybody out there who is into Kato Swiss meter gauge stock care to measure a coach bogie wheel set for me? The axle length and the wheel diameter across the flats.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal