!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Clifton Wood AWJ themed processing plant  (Read 825 times)

Online dannyboy

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: Why cant you finish one project before starting another???
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2020, 06:29:14 PM »
Well the progress hasn't been as great this week as hoped, Mrs EC had heart ablation surgery yesterday so has kind of limited free time to get much done.

Hope Mrs EC goes on okay and can get back to the layout soon ......................... oh, that's not what you meant is it? Seriously, best wishes to her - and you look after her!

The place I used to work at before I retired, ( :claphappy:), has wood chips brought in by the wagon load. Some of them are moving floors but some are curtain siders. It is amazing to watch a curtain sider unload - the tractor unit and trailer are held in a cradle like thing and then tipped over at nearly 45 degrees and the chips all fall out!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+6)
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2020, 06:39:10 PM »
 :thankyousign: from Mrs EC but she only ever sees what's going on if I'm lucky enough to get brought a cuppa  :worried:

I've seen them lifts, certainly must be an experience being hauled up in your truck like that!!!! Damn sure I wouldnt fancy it

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2020, 07:20:50 PM »
Glad to hear your good lady is on the road to recovery, Craig. Look after her - the layout will still be there when you get back to it.

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2020, 09:25:53 PM »
ablation - ablution  ?

I reckon you just had a DCC  chip fitted so you could control certain functions .....

ie approval of railway expenditure - function 99  :smiley-laughing:

seriously,

a quick recovery to her, and a quick return to the layout for you ...
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2020, 09:32:37 PM »
 :laughabovepost:

Following a 7700 vet bill arriving monday after 1 horse managed to tear its jaw off while in the stable requiring a 4hr emergency op to wire his jaw back together and resetting 5 of his teeth along with 3 days in hospital and another requiring rectal examination, stomach tap, blood tests and lab test on drawn fluid along with a bucket full of drugs all expenditure is somewhat limited  :smackedface:

Offline class37025

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2020, 10:02:01 PM »
always thought dogs were cheaper,

also

horses are so high  :-[

perhaps you should concentrate on mini-donkeys, might be less trouble  >:D

so how many yards of track did you have to tear up to pay that bill ?
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Online exmouthcraig

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
Re: Clifton Wood AWJ themed processing plant
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2020, 09:18:50 PM »

Well work rate has picked up a bit.

All the track has been weathered and then ballasted which still needs to be toned down.

The concrete pad has been laid and set up, I still need to get the infill between the rails and concrete that. My struggle now is to get my buffer stops in  :hmmm:

The balsa behind the AWJ trucks is the base for my blending shed which is still being worked on.

Not being modern image modelling I've spent a bit of time working bits out. I've fitted Network Rail spec catch pits, not knowing much about these I've fitted them at 30m intervals, this might be quite close together but my reasoning is this being a biomass storage facility, surface run off can be quite high, knowing the Environment Agencies policy on effluent run off from our yards I figured they take the same approach to this.

I have security fencing currently on the workbench and I'll finally get the extra 400mm  of the layout on the end this week.

All wiring is complete and working. Points are currently on brass rod on simple cam levers to switch, I wont motorise them.

A couple of buildings still being worked out and my motive power arrived today so theres some head scratching coming with that!!

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal