!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: 3D Rectangular Tank Wagons  (Read 790 times)

Online emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
Re: 3D Rectangular Tank Wagons
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2020, 11:34:45 PM »
Top job!

Thanks Mike - what do you think about the weight/number of rivets I've added?

Mike

It's a matter of perspective.

As they sit, in that rake of a few wagons, they look great as regards rivets size, spacing, and appearance.

If you compare your end result with your original photo of an actual wagon, then they look oversized, too few and imposing.

But the latter doesn't matter. (Ooo, that rhymes!) It's what the viewer 'sees' that matters. And what I see is a excellent looking unusual wagon which looks the part. I prefer the rivet work on these to the wing plate tank wagons.

I'm spent out at the moment, Paddy has already convinced me that the second lot of Cromwell's i bought isn't as good as the ones he's just bought and done, so four of those are on the purchase list, I'm looking to have a crack at one or two of your Pecketts, as well as a tank wagon of yours and now you've done these. Keeping up with the constant kit/build wishlist us exhausting!

I like 'em. If/when I get to them I'd probably go with a made-up private owner livery. It's the sort of thing you can get away with on a rare wagon like these.
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Offline maridunian

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 28772
    • Awards
Re: 3D Rectangular Tank Wagons
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2020, 12:06:53 AM »
Thanks Mike - yes, on balance I agree they're more convincing than the rather subtle rivets on the wing tanks in the rake. I was thinking about your bogie LMS hoppers and their Railtec rivets. I think their prototype riveting was less obvious than on these Victorian wagons?

Mike
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 11:28:55 AM by maridunian »
My layout: Mwynwr Tryciau Colliery, the Many Tricks Mine.

My 3D Modelshop: Maridunian's Models

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal