!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Class 07 and a half 3D printed  (Read 184 times)

Offline Only Me

• Western Destroyer
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Western Destroyer
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
Class 07 and a half 3D printed
« on: December 22, 2019, 04:49:32 PM »
As some of you might be aware Iíve been working on a cad to supply an 07 based body to fit the NGS Hunslet chassis (when itís released).... the loco is slightly longer than a real 07 but itís to allow some variety in small shunters (and yes I know I could have made It for the 04 chassis by farish as itís shorter but I didnít)

The final version will have holes for 0.4mm wire as the 0.4mm hand rails donít survive the finishing process

Here are some photos..

The body needs a bit of sanding but I didnít have the time so this one has slight graded lines on the edges which sanding prior to painting will remove easily

Printed in Resin in the Uk these will be £25 plus postage as they take a long time to print **I'm taking deposits of £10 to secure as only doing a limited run early in January. If I do more it wonít be until late in the year.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 04:58:52 PM by Only Me »

Offline Shiney Sheff

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23792
    • Awards
Re: Class 07 and a half 3D printed
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 04:55:16 PM »
That looks like a rather nice little loco.  :)

Offline Bob G

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
Re: Class 07 and a half 3D printed
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 09:20:00 PM »
Nice but not for me, I'm afraid.

I have four of the Etched Pixels brass version which fits the accurate length chassis of the 04 (which also supplies the chimney).
It's a really dinky shunter, and worth a look.

However, I now wonder about the military version of the 07, or even the PWM65x shunters, and how close the Hunslet chassis is to those? I have a thing about small shunters...

Best
Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £30.00
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal