!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: 2020 new Continental items  (Read 2823 times)

Online marco neri

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
Re: 2020 new Continental items
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 01:14:53 PM »

Hello all

Oh wow!  E656!!  I have long wondered why there are so few Italian outline models available... definitely in for one of these.

All I also need is E626, E636 and maybe some of the ALe 790 units for that long-planned layout of Taormina station in the 1970s/80s...

Brilliant news!

cheers

Ben A.

Hi,
The last E656 so called “ Caimano” are still on service in Sicily...they are at “the end” of their career and they are to be going replaced by the E464 and  the E402 ( all mono-cabin)  for sicilian intercities especially (Palermo - Catania, Messina-Catania , Palermo- Siracusa ecc ecc.) and  longer IC and ICN between Rome and Sicily..
Ciao.

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Online marco neri

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2020, 01:19:35 PM »
Thanks Marco,

Any future information much appreciated. Hope the Italians leave a few left for the rest of us  :D

Salute weave  :beers:

..Hi,
A recent reply ( or “news”??) from Arnold on social net Facebook...has confirmed that tomorrow evening their website has “crashed” for the thousands of connecction......and I can imagine why :D ;D ;D

Marco..

Online NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2020, 04:06:38 PM »

Hello all

Oh wow!  E656!!  I have long wondered why there are so few Italian outline models available... definitely in for one of these.

All I also need is E626, E636 and maybe some of the ALe 790 units for that long-planned layout of Taormina station in the 1970s/80s...

Brilliant news!

cheers

Ben A.

Hi,

Can you point me to the E656? I can't see it.........

Best

Scott
(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Anxiety is a lot like a toddler. It never stops talking, tells you you’re wrong about everything, and wakes you up at 3am.

I get nervous about just about everything. Sometimes I literally don’t know why I’m anxious. I just am and no-one seems to understand that.

Online NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Awards
(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Anxiety is a lot like a toddler. It never stops talking, tells you you’re wrong about everything, and wakes you up at 3am.

I get nervous about just about everything. Sometimes I literally don’t know why I’m anxious. I just am and no-one seems to understand that.

Offline weave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2020, 06:44:27 PM »
Oh dear, dearey me.

I have become a spoilt child. Apart from most of the Arnold FS stuff and the SNCF INOX coaches I now want the MF train RENFE coaches and the Piko SNCF 'lunéa' sleeper coaches  :doh:.

So much choice, so little money  :(. I might sell a kidney to science as at the moment only God knows how they are both still working  :D.

Will have to choose in time but at the moment the FS E656 is way out in front.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline ohlavache

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25956
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2020, 09:20:10 PM »
I'd like to share with you a wonderful news for those who are interested in French railways.
Trains 160 has announced SNCF X3800 / Picasso railcar !!!

:claphappy: :bounce:
13 different versions are planned.
Stay tuned.

Wanted items (only in their original box):
- Union Mills, 3F 0-6-0 steam locomotive in LMS crimson

Offline 5944

• N Gauge Society Number: 9265
    • Twitter
    • My Flickr
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2020, 12:27:30 AM »

Hello all

Brilliant news!

cheers

Ben A.
There's an ALe 790 (plus various other railcars, locos, coaches, etc.) on Shapeways. I'm tempted, but I've now idea how I'd glaze all those windows!

Offline Smallwonder

• Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2020, 10:15:57 AM »
 :claphappy:
Well done Hornby Arnold for identifying the huge gap in the market; Italian N Gauge.  Ten years I have waited. Have already preordered and look forward to more releases in the next few years.

Maybe next year an E632 /633, some double deck push pull stock, xmpr coaches, wagons... And graffiti transfers. Lots of graffiti transfers.

Online marco neri

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2020, 10:50:42 AM »
:claphappy:
Well done Hornby Arnold for identifying the huge gap in the market; Italian N Gauge.  Ten years I have waited. Have already preordered and look forward to more releases in the next few years.

Maybe next year an E632 /633, some double deck push pull stock, xmpr coaches, wagons... And graffiti transfers. Lots of graffiti transfers.

....and you can’t imagine how much time here we have waited for... :claphappy:

Marco

Online marco neri

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2020, 10:59:36 AM »

Offline woodbury22uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2020, 12:13:03 PM »
Fleischmann new items document is here:-

https://www.flipgorilla.com/p/26183111565907542/show
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2020, 01:05:01 PM »
Thanks for the link although 'phew' in a way as not much there that I want. My heart was having slight palpitations before I opened it  :D.

Hope the Germanics are happy with the choices.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline Gordon

• Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2020, 01:19:47 AM »
Fleischmann new items document is here:-

https://www.flipgorilla.com/p/26183111565907542/show

The pukka DDR Kriegslok looks good, as do the 'proper' gas tank wagons - at last some proper modern tankers from Fleischmann (although yet another re-do of their old fashioned tank models are also in the new items ! 

Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Offline Gordon

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2020, 01:37:46 AM »
The 111 new items from Arnold are online now at the UK Hornby site but it is so overloaded that viewing them is a challenge. SNCF 1950s+ long inox coaches and lots more grain wagons are highlights for me:-

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/shop/brands/arnold-n-1-160/arnold-n-new-for-2020.html

The DEV Inox was a nice surprise when I saw it on 1zu160 the other day.

They are arguably one of the longest-wanted items for most N gauge French enthusiasts  possibly ever!

As usual though, I question why manufacturers go to such great lengths to link models to 'famous trains'. Not such a bad thing when it's the 'Rheingold' or 'Orient Express' but one of the new 3-packs of the Inox is  marketed as 'La Mouette' - an SNCF train that I would venture many people haven't heard of! The other pack labelled 'Le Bourbonnais' is slightly better as this was the famous steam hauled train to the Massif Central.  However, I suspect the vast majority of SNCF N gaugers really won't care and will just buy a few to run on layouts with any theme, as the DEV Inox were used all over France.

The other problem is that yet again with N gauge models of SNCF DEV coaches, many of the announced models are 9 window and 1st class. Right from the days of the 1967 Lima models  manufacturers have for some reason shied away from producing models of the 10 window version.

Luckily the preponderance of 1st class 'A9' vehicles in the Arnold announcement   is not so bad, as all the A9 coaches were latterly declassified into 'B9' (second class)

And another point - what model are they expecting pwople to use to haul them - where is the retooled 'Jacquemin' electric (last issued by Arnold over 10 years ago) that is desparately needed?

Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £25.00
Below Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
42% 
August Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal