!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: 2020 new Continental items  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Hiawatha

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
2020 new Continental items
« on: December 15, 2019, 06:49:22 PM »
Probably more a 2021 or ’22 item than 2020: Jägerndorfer Collection has announced the classic 1950s ÖBB 5045 (high roof)/5145 (low roof) DMU, the “Blauer Blitz” (“Blue Lightning”), because it was blue and lightning-fast with a top speed of 115 km/h. :D

In the 1950s and ’60s used for international express trains from Vienna to (East-)Berlin (“Vindobona”) or Venice (“Venezia”) but gradually dumped to lesser services as the main lines got electrified.

Peter

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
Re: 2020 new Continental items
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 01:29:51 PM »
Probably more a 2021 or ’22 item than 2020: Jägerndorfer Collection has announced the classic 1950s ÖBB 5045 (high roof)/5145 (low roof) DMU, the “Blauer Blitz” (“Blue Lightning”), because it was blue and lightning-fast with a top speed of 115 km/h. :D

Great model! :thumbsup:

Bit off on a tangent here, but I love the historic ÖBB logo with wings and I love the current simple letter-form one. But I just can't get on with the 1980s/1990s snail thing.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder!

Online woodbury22uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 06:58:16 PM »
The 111 new items from Arnold are online now at the UK Hornby site but it is so overloaded that viewing them is a challenge. SNCF 1950s+ long inox coaches and lots more grain wagons are highlights for me:-

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/shop/brands/arnold-n-1-160/arnold-n-new-for-2020.html
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 08:22:22 PM »
Hi woodbury22uk,

Thank you for that. My wife, my bank manager and my conscience all took a simultaneous shudder when reading the link. SNCF INOX coaches defo for me too plus other SNCF and RENFE stuff all very interesting.

What got me really excited, as I have some FS and wanted to expand my Italian stuff, is the FS E 656. I thought about getting a modern loco last year but really wanted to stick with what I remember from travelling there in the '80s/'90s so that is perfect  :claphappy:. Will need to start saving for all the coaches too, my Atlas Rivarossi ones are all a bit battered.

Thanks again, you have cheered me up no end on a horrible drizzly Tuesday  :thumbsup:

Cheers weave  :beers:

Online woodbury22uk

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 09:14:02 PM »
@weave Seems like Hornby are having a good week. Their UK 00 gauge range has been welcomed enthusiastically and now you and I, and the French N forum like what Arnold have announced. I imagine @marco neri  may have something to say about the FS stuff too.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 09:28:08 PM »
Those FS locos look interesting.

Must admit it's the BR 181 that caught my eye, given that I have two or three of the Roco 181s which have been useful members of the fleet.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline marco neri

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 09:54:49 PM »
 :hellosign:
Here I am...
finally a loco full FS for our coaches...especially for the 3rd-4th issues of the famous europeans UIC-X “grigio ardesia” and “rosso fegato”....
the popular articulated E656 so called “ Caimano” (Caiman in english :)..
universal electric articulated engine both for freight and passengers ,epoque IV-V still on service with charateristic wheels arrangement BO-BO-BO.............finally!.. it seems that Hornby website is not accessible now...may be it is overcharged by thousands of connection from Italy :D
Cheers.

“happy” Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2020, 09:58:42 PM »
Hello chaps,

Thought I'd keep this low profile for now but as I've never pre-ordered anything before I just thought I'd ask your opinions on the matter. I'm not going to do anything yet and the FS loco isn't expected until the Autumn which probably means next Christmas at least.

So, is it best to wait until someone like DM Toys in Germany get a load in and pounce or actually pre-order one? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 10:00:24 PM »
Think I'll take a full look when the site is not so overburdened!

Interesting Rheingolds. But Minitrix already have a Rheingold set out.

Offline marco neri

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 10:18:12 PM »
Hello chaps,

Thought I'd keep this low profile for now but as I've never pre-ordered anything before I just thought I'd ask your opinions on the matter. I'm not going to do anything yet and the FS loco isn't expected until the Autumn which probably means next Christmas at least.

So, is it best to wait until someone like DM Toys in Germany get a load in and pounce or actually pre-order one? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi mate,
Me and my friends too we’d keep low profile...but the fact that are also listed intermdiate coaches for the ETR600 and ETR610 it can mean they had many pre-order and booking for the new FS emu..as a “kick”.
I think we’ll know other accurate news from Nurnberg Toy fair...and on march ,at Verona HOBBY MODEL EXPO ..I’ll be there and I will ask at Hornby-Italia stand...I can only imagine peoples asking, talking..the typical italian “rumors” :laughabovepost:
Will be my thought let you know about news ,when available ..eventually prices about “new FS deal” at Arnold.
 :beers:

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 10:28:52 PM »
Thanks Marco,

Any future information much appreciated. Hope the Italians leave a few left for the rest of us  :D

Salute weave  :beers:

Online woodbury22uk

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 10:16:38 AM »
Hello chaps,

Thought I'd keep this low profile for now but as I've never pre-ordered anything before I just thought I'd ask your opinions on the matter.

There are some UK stockists such Kernow Model Centre, Hobby Shop at Faversham who will accept pre-orders, as well as Hornby UK themselves. Looking at the prices and taking shipping cost into account, there is not much to choose between them, or ordering from the popular German sellers like DMToys, Menzels, and Modellbahnshop-Lippe etc. I have taken to pre-ordering the grain wagons direct from Hornby, mainly because they turn up two or three at a time, and the shipping goes over to being free. Generally prices from French sellers for French stock will always be higher than anywhere else, often with poor availability, so if pre-ordering, say, the stainless steel coaches I would favour a UK or German stockist.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Online woodbury22uk

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2020, 10:49:33 AM »
Some new MF train items are shown in their video here:-

https://mftrain.com/new-mftrain--n81

Not a very smart way of presenting the new items, although 3 coach RENFE passenger car sets are featured in detail after the first half minute or so.

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Online woodbury22uk

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 10:55:31 AM »
The 2020 new items in N from Piko are in the .pdf catalogue to view or download here:-

https://www.piko.de/KAT_PDF/99690.pdf

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Online Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 12:16:23 PM »

Hello all

Oh wow!  E656!!  I have long wondered why there are so few Italian outline models available... definitely in for one of these.

All I also need is E626, E636 and maybe some of the ALe 790 units for that long-planned layout of Taormina station in the 1970s/80s...

Brilliant news!

cheers

Ben A.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Feb 29
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
February Donations

Advertise Here